Mossimo

Help Support Steer Planet:

rf21970

Did a search and didnt find a lot of reports on him. I know he's Maximus brother.

Here's my situation. In our first attemp at raising club calves, we purchased 6 purebred angus with their first calves by their side that are not all that clubby but very maternal. They came out of a large herd that focuses on maternal genetics. I bred these cows to Macho (after much research on this site) and have had 5 bulls and 1 heifer(was hoping for 1 bull and 5 heifers). Got 2 solid blacks and 4 stars and blazes. The calves are great but I think they could use a little more style and thicknes. The oldest 1 is 4 weeks old and they are looking better by the day. We are going to buy some more of these cows and we are debating what to breed these and our initial 6 to.

I want to stay in the the Meyer/Simmental line for growth, color and "brand" recognition in the heifers (if i have any). I really like Maximus but $50 is too much to pay. $30-35 for Macho is as much as I want to pay. Will Mossimo give me the results I'm looking for or should I stay with Macho since I know what those calves look like. I have narrowed my choices to Macho, Mossimo, Mile High Max and maybe breed a few to Vanilla Ice.

rf21970

This is a poor cell phone picture of 5 of the calves. The 6th wasn't born yet.

Attachments

• Machocalves.jpg
    Machocalves.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 170

gary89

It sounds like you and I are going through the same selection process in trying to find a Simmental bull to use to make females. I haven't bred Simmy before, but last fall I saw a really good Macho out of an Angus cow as well as a good Star Power. Have not seen any Chopper calves yet. I have attached a link that has Maximus semen for $40.00 if that helps.

I am leaning towards Built Right for my Angus heifers and Dream Catcher and/or Macho for the cows.

http://www.steppingstonegenetics.com/pd_gf_maximus.cfm

TMJ Show Cattle

I breed cattle with the same genetics, I use Maximus and Macho on Angus and maines and then I use S.O.S. to maintain the halfbloods. Probably will use Dream Catcher some.Mossimo is a good bull,just not as consistant.Have never heard much from Mile high Max.

gary89

TMJ Show Cattle said:
I breed cattle with the same genetics, I use Maximus and Macho on Angus and maines and then I use S.O.S. to maintain the halfbloods. Probably will use Dream Catcher some.Mossimo is a good bull,just not as consistant.Have never heard much from Mile high Max.

I have not heard much about SOS. How do they calve? Are they big, and what does he work on? Any info would be appreciated.

TMJ Show Cattle

SOS sires small calves Works great on Meyer influece [Maximus,Macho] daugters.Good doin calves with style.

KMJCC

I have a buddy that had a maximus heifer out of an angus cow that has cow stamped all over.  I wish I had a whole field full of cows like her.  He is also really big on the Macho bloodlines for his club calf mamas.

Latest posts