Mountainboyz Shorthorn works for Brad Davis Iowa,maybe U too -any comments?

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

This is a 78 pound actual BW RED Horned Double Bred Cumberland (out of Free For All and a total outcross LOW BW Cumberland cow by Studly:4th highest$$ female to sell: 1999 ) He now has 19 calves on the ground in Iowa (cows he bred as a long yearling after being COLLECTED AT NICHOLS)-then bred 20 plus falls then recently got on a trailer back to Iowa to breed 22 springs again-He isnt much over 2 years.Brad Davis has some nice cows:albeit some are more clubby than others-the calf pictures are the ones (very young a couple 1 day old) with some color-He said there are some good solid colored ones also. He had a sister that showed well out of KABA-57th breeding,so hed probably work on the popular lines,as well as x breeding. No problems calving. O0

Attachments

• TOP FUEL HISSELF.jpg
    TOP FUEL HISSELF.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 426
  • top fuel rwm hiefer.jpg
    top fuel rwm hiefer.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 395
  • top fuel bull caf.jpg
    top fuel bull caf.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 390
  • top fuel baby.jpg
    top fuel baby.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 435

mark tenenbaum

His number is 4171816-I cant tell on the rwm caf-he told me all of the pics but the last  roan baby( that I added) are hiefers.He says that he sires alot of solid reds-which is good with some friends who tried him a little on blacks. O0

sh breeder

Brads got that bull with Long Family Shorthorns in Iowa the JLS Farms is part of Long Family Shorthorns

C

cornish

sh breeder said:
Brads got that bull with Long Family Shorthorns in Iowa the JLS Farms is part of Long Family Shorthorns

not to hijack Mark's thread-- but sh breeder/ JLS/ Long Family-- do you have  a picture of PAW big daddy.. I see you papered a calf from him born in '11.?

sh breeder

No I do not have any Big Daddy pics.
But think Tom Miichal should thats where we got the semen. We have got some good calves out of him but he is a THC- PHAF
We dont use alot of THC bulls

sh breeder

no not yet but I got semen coming our way thought.
We bad SHARBEN LOUISVILLE 485 ET last year the cavles look pretty good cant wait till he comes home from Teaxe to and btw from 65-72 lbs thats not bad we will be running him with the hiefers when he comes home.

mark tenenbaum

sh breeder said:
no not yet but I got semen coming our way thought.
We bad SHARBEN LOUISVILLE 485 ET last year the cavles look pretty good cant wait till he comes home from Teaxe to and btw from 65-72 lbs thats not bad we will be running him with the hiefers when he comes home.///
WELL the semen worked for me_I didnt ask Brad  on BWS but from the pics they looked pretty easy-other than maybe the roan bull,whos a little beast-hes wide,maybe didnt wiegh that much.As long as they are big enough hiefers to run with him,the picture looks like a post yearling or after the sale,-like to see the calves next yrif you get some.. O0