MTG

Help Support Steer Planet:

PaFFA Proud

Has anyone use a product called M-T-G from shapley's on their cattle. I use it on my horses tail and the hair growth is amazing 2 inches in a month. Well today brushing my steers legs to encourage hair growth I was thinking if it might work on cattle especially legs? It also works very well on ringworm that I found in the past and it killed/re growed hair in just 2 weeks.

Earthmover

We have used it to grow switches and on wounds. Also works on spots gouged by clippers. I dont see why it wont work on leg hair. Roto brush works just as well.

kanshow

Are you talking about that stuff that gets gummy and smells like tar?  It works on the bald areas but wonder if it would be counter-productive in actual leg hair.. it could attract dirt which might cause them to loose hair.

cutieputie0093

I love that stuff!! It smells really bad and leaves your hands super oily but it works! I have used it on my horse's tail, lamb's hocks, and on my steers rear end! It works really good if you put a plastic bag around whatever you are trying to grow hair on. I only do that with my horse's tail though. lol.

Cattle Guy

I used it this year and it worked really well to just grow hair that my calf already had. I also used it on the ringworm and in a matter of days hair was growing back.

J

JTM

Yes, it works great on ringworm. Smells like a barbecue but gets the job done and quickly.

showcat

Has anyone used it over a long period of time?  I heard it was bad for their skin.

wowcows

I've used the stuff every since Brad and Julie turned me on to it. I like it in the fall when the hair is just starting to come in good. I just fog a little, (note: a little) on them before I kick them out. It is an oil base so watch it in the hot and sun or it will be counter-productive. It will bring all that dirt and dander to the surface but help keep your hide healthy resulting in healthier hair.
Does smell and makes you smell like it but that is part of the pay to play. Keep the bottle shook up.

PaFFA Proud

Well glad some people here have used it. I just looovvvee the smell of it, last year when we used it on ouf dairy beef calves we joked it was early BBQ! I just plan on using it for up to 3 months or so until I get a jump start on some leg hair. I found out one year that it causes sun burn when my gray horse had rain rot and got sunburned with just 2 hrs so yeah not good in sunlight! Thanks for the replies. ;D

angus88

I have used it on my cattle, horses and dogs. Great stuff and I have used it on their legs before.  I have also just rubbed mane and tail conditioner on all the legs and comb and blow it in.  In the winter time it seems to work great! Good luck!