My 2012 Walks Alone Heifers

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ohio1

Really like them all! They have good style and nice necks the only thing I can see is maybe not much hair could just be the sun and stuff but overall they seem to be a nice set!

dknupp

Yeah, a couple of them could use some more hair, but remember they are on Aftershock cows.  Other than that I have been impressed how WA has stamped the style, shape, bone, and meat into these calves.

ChristaCheatham

I really like your calves! I'm thinking on breeding WA to my sim/angus cow. She's big framed/big boned/thick but lacks the body depth and flank. Do you think WA could help with that? And what would you saw on the CE of WA?

dknupp

ShowSteerGirl101 said:
I really like your calves! I'm thinking on breeding WA to my sim/angus cow. She's big framed/big boned/thick but lacks the body depth and flank. Do you think WA could help with that? And what would you saw on the CE of WA?

If your cow has a ton of power and frame maybe Monopoly?  I have used Monopoly and Monopoly Money.  Monopoly Money seems to breed bigger, and more bone.  Also, the Monopoly Money calves have been the largest at birth.  However I used him on very mature cows and they had no issues.  Maybe try Believe in Me if your cow is large framed...thats what I would do...but I've been wrong before.  Calving WA has been no issue at all.

ROMAX

I have a Walks Alone heifer that is a super freak,my sister who knows nothing about cattle thought she was on steroids,if she was a bull she would be promo bull material.

ChristaCheatham

Dknupp- thanks for the suggestion! I really like the Monopoly 2 clone so I'm thinking about using him. The calves are marketable, and that is my prime goal with this calf. However, I'm worried that the monopoly 2 calf would be too big for her to handle. Her first calf as a heifer was too big and we couldn't get him out in time. Her second calf was a heifer who was an easy pull, but she came out backwards with one leg sticking out. Her 3rd calf is due any day now. If she doesn't have trouble would you recommend to AI her to Monopoly 2?