My fair calf bloats

Help Support Steer Planet:

SunshineSince08

I have his bloat pretty well under control, using mineral oil keeps him down pretty well along with a ton of hay. my fair is here in about 3 weeks. We have De-bloat medicine that we can give him on show day BUT it says not to use with mineral oil. Does any one know what would happen if we did or how long he should be off the mineral oil for it to be safe to use the de-bloat??

My sisters fair calf does the same thing. he comes in really bloated every morning. we keep it down by useing the bloat medicine. it seems to work well. we also use laundry detergent or dish soap with some water and drench him with that, or put it in a glass beer bottle and pour it down his throat. the soap causes him to burp, so it works well. we found out from our nutritionist that it might be because the nerve that is used to relieve gas from the stomach, or burp, is not working properly. so we have to fix his bloat every day...

Beef Show

Well, my steer this year has been bloated a couple of times. First what we did was exercised him 3 or 4 times that day and didn't feed him for the rest of the day, and the next morning the bloat had gone way down. I hope this helps!

Latest posts