My kenmar president daughter

Help Support Steer Planet:

3 Eagles shorthorns

kenmar president heifer I bought bred to Saskavalley Yesterday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    888.9 KB · Views: 186

Duncraggan

I hope you have a smashing calf, I am in thick with S. Yesterday! Sixty doses of which I have used 5, only on heifers. First round, used two, got a single calf which was excellent but died due to disease before 3 months of age.
Second round used three, due August 2106. PD's not yet done.
Have decided to do all the May 2016 TAI breeding to him to get a bunch of calves on the ground.
Look at the 2016 Saskvalley/Muridale/etc. sale catalogue and you will know you are on the right track! The bulls are as thick as you will get without extreme frames.

Duncraggan

She looks good but, IMO, still like a heifer calf. I never breed at a year and seldom at 18 months unless they are well grown and I need calves on the ground at that particular calving season.
I don't think my conditions are anywhere near as good as yours and I seldom feed anything other than a phosphate lick to non-lactating lows unless there is a drought.
For me, her calf would be too expensive to raise and the chances of her rebreeding while lactating at her age, in my conditions, would be too low to justify the expense. That is why I look for easy fleshing, moderate framed cattle.
I hope you have a great result. <beer>