My son's Simmy/Angus Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

J-Beef

Here is our %Simmy heifer that we will take to NECC, this is just roughed out and a bit of zoom bloom!

Attachments

• Miss Macho.JPG
    Miss Macho.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 166

OH Breeder

Length of body depth of body and overall thickness

dislike
little heavy in front

I think pictures are hard to evaluatekind of one dimensional. But, nice heifer good luck with the sale.

PaddyO

I would like to see her a little bigger boned. However, that is just a trait in both these breeds. She prob. has enough for her type. A little more extension through the front end, but its not bad by any means. Looks as though she has enough muscle. This is not bad, just being REALLY picky, Id like to see just a tad bit more spring to her rib. However, I would have her in my heard, really good female. Id be proud of her!!

midway6376

I think the only thing I would change about her is her front end. (clean it up a little.)
But other than that nice heifer.

J-Beef

midway6376 said:
I think the only thing I would change about her is her front end. (clean it up a little.)
But other than that nice heifer.
She will show in the junior show, and i would like to lengthen out her neck just a bit! It's hard to see but she has awesome base width and just screems cow!

CPL

J-Beef said:
CPL said:
Nice solid heifer. Who is she out of?
She is a Macho x Magnet  Thanks for the comment

Macho has been having some good calves.

Keep in mind though that Simmentals carry a little bit up front just like Herefords and other breeds. I have a friend who raise show cattle and whenever we look at Herefords he always complains about their front ends. His term is "junky fronted''. Honestly I like to see a little bit of brisket there. Obviously its not popular in the show ring, but its worth it when it comes time to winter that cow.

J-Beef

braunvieh said:
I like her, looks like she will be a great cow. Good luck! I'll be there Wed and Thurs.
We will be out there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  It will be interesting to see how they pull of the NECC with 1/2 of the building being destroyed last summer by the tornadoes ( see Storm Chasers episode on Discovery channel)