My Turn heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

inthebarnagain

This little girl graced us with her presence Wednesday morning.  The rear view was a pic I took the day she was born, umbilical cord was still wet.  The other two were taken this morning when she was showing off for us.  She is by far one of the best heifers we have ever had, I can lay my hand on her top and it won't reach side to side. 

Attachments

• MissTrear.jpg
    MissTrear.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 244
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 234
  • MissT.jpg
    MissT.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 240

inthebarnagain

The cow is a 1/4 blood simmental out of a Meyer 734/Traveler 23-4 bull and OCC Anchor cow.  Moderate framed, easy fleshing.  Always puts a keeper heifer on the ground.  Had a friction heifer last year that our daughter is showing this year.  Always had good calves but nothing of this caliber. 

The funny thing is, she is our 5th calf of the year.  We were tickled to death with the ones that preceded her, an Everready heifer, Fat Butt heifer, Fat Butt bull calf and a Missing Link heifer out of one of Caitlin's old show heifers who is a Friction out of About Time's dam.  Then Wednesday morning and the My Turn arrived, hardly notice the others now!  Lol!

OH Breeder

I have really liked the My Turn's. They seem to breed really cocky. She is cool little gal. Like the simmi part of the equation too.

Gargan

really like this cocky lil hfr calf of urs. i would love to see pics of the 2 fatt butts if u get the chance. thanx

inthebarnagain

I'll get some pics of the fat butts in the next couple of days. Like I said, we think the heifer is one of the better heifers we've had, until princess fluffy butt arrived!  The fat butt heifer is really nice though, pretty sure she will be a member of Caitlin's "Fat Girls" showstring!

inthebarnagain

Couldnt resist an update to the baby pic I posted the day she was born.  She has grown into all we hoped for and since she is only 6-7 months right now I can't wait to see the finished product.  The second picture is a fat butt heifer that Caitlin showed two weeks ago.  Didnt think to get a pic of the My Turn when at the show.

Attachments

• Miss T.jpg
    Miss T.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 237
  • Fat Butt heifer and Bug.jpg
    Fat Butt heifer and Bug.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 209

Warrior10

Great looking heifers! If I had to use one word to describe My Turn calves it would be "cocky"...they just have "the" look.

inthebarnagain

Cocky fits her to a T. She has always had that heads up, look at me attitude. But she has one of the best personalities of any calf I've ever worked. Fourth time on the halter I took her to the vet to be dehorned. Not one goofy moment, even during the surgery. The vet even commented about how well behaved she was.

hntwhitetail

Have one My Turn heifer... bred her to an alixheatwave and had one heck of a heifer. 

farmboy

one of the best calves i ever raised is out of Jesse James and a first calf My turn heifer. shes been on lautners blog a few times.