My Turn Heifer's

Help Support Steer Planet:

AndrewS.

Is it just me or has there been a lot of nice my turn heifers that have been showing up lately. We have 2 in the barn and one won grand champ at our county fair and the other one just wasnt tame enough. Is it just me?

KMJCC

No you are right.  I have a nice my turn heifer in the barn and I seen several nice ones this past spring in the spring smackdown sale in southwestern ohio.

Cattledog

What are the birth weights on these My Turn calves.  I've seen some pretty good ones out of Straight angus cows.  

coachmac

I was wondering about the BW as well and how he does on heifers?  Have a char/ang heifer that have been thinking about using a clubby bull on, but not sold on that idea either.  Have some time to do some research though so that is a good thing. 

CAB

coachmac said:
I was wondering about the BW as well and how he does on heifers?  Have a char/ang heifer that have been thinking about using a clubby bull on, but not sold on that idea either.   Have some time to do some research though so that is a good thing. 

I wouldn't risk the well being of a virgin heifer trying to breed her to MT. They are thick & can come big. JMO.

ggjs

We like ours  alot.

Attachments

• SB 005 (MT x Who).jpg
    SB 005 (MT x Who).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 220

bcosu

it's great how consistent they are. we have one bred the same way as the pictured heifer and she looks a lot like her.

the worst problem i have encountered is the hair. it has taken forever to tame and as soon as i got it once she shucked alot on me and i had to start over but it is coming slowly.

ai er

This is a yearling heifer out of an angus cow.  I like her.  Has straight hard hair,but she was never under fans or anything either.  Took her off pasture a month before the fair, and worked with her some.  My son loves her because he won showmanship with her.  Sorry you can't see more of her.

Attachments

• myturn.jpg
    myturn.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 221

JRapp

What about the disposition on the my turns? Saw a video of a few and they looked down right squirrely.

SEA

Is "My Turn" old enough to have daughters in production.  Deciding whether to keep some heifers back to make cows, after reading all the recent posts, and hearing other good things about "My Turn".  Originally I considered him strictly as a terminal sire.

How do his daughters milk and flesh?  Also, how are their dispositions?