N/C....Australian Cattle Dogs

Help Support Steer Planet:

Boot Jack Bulls

Does anyone know of any reputable Australian Cattle dog breeders in the midwest or central states? I am hoping to find someone who has puppies available now or the next couple of months. They do not need to be registered, but must fit breed standard (not small Texas type) and have working parents. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

obie105

I have a lady in northern Iowa that has a couple litters a year. They own a livestock trucking compasny and use the dogs to load the trucks. Working machines! Mine is coming on 2 and will go up against anything. I can get you their info if you like.  I also know of a cattle buyer in Ohio that raises some that also work. These are both good size dogs.

Boot Jack Bulls

That would be great obie105. We are in desperate need of one or two more good working dogs. We have a 10 year old Texas type female who is very sharp, but she is small and old, so one good hit will be the end of it. The only other one is one of her sons, a six month old pup (Australian sire) that works great, but we love having lots of heelers around, so one is never enough! Just send me a pm with the infor if you get a chance. Thank you!

marku

diamondmcattle in Hiawatha kansas, Mark Mueller.  has a litter on the ground, but they are blue heelers.

Boot Jack Bulls

jalebe said:
I have heard that there may be some at the Foundation Female sale this weekend.

Unfortunately, this may not be much help. I absolutely will not buy a stock dog puppy without having seen both parents work in person or on video. I have bought a couple of good looking ones at expos and sales, only to find out they have very little natural instinct. Not looking to get burned like that again! Thank you for the reply though!

Also a big thank you to obie105! I will be contacting the breeder you recommended this week!

vc

Garett, he is looking for Australian Cattle Dogs, The Cattle Dog has a little bit of a different attitude than the Shepperd, both good dogs they just work in different ways.

Boot Jack Bulls

vc said:
Garett, he is looking for Australian Cattle Dogs, The Cattle Dog has a little bit of a different attitude than the Shepperd, both good dogs they just work in different ways.

Bingo! And by the way, I'm a woman! ;) Again, thanks for the replys.

Latest posts