N/C Joe Garretson, Professional Bull Fighter Has Died

Help Support Steer Planet:

[cowgirl_up_47

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Joe Garretson, a professional bullfighter who won numerous awards in a career that spanned over the past couple of decades, died overnight. He was 37.

Garretson has been recognized as one of the best protection bullfighters in the Midwest and qualified for the Professional Bullfighters Daisy Protection Bullfight World Championships in 2007-2008. He and partner Brandt Clark won the finale in 2007 and finished the season as the reserve world champion team.

“I believe in the future of the sport of bullfighting,” Garretson said on the bio from his Web site, www.joebullfighter.com.

Since he started his career more than a decade ago, he has been the IPRA’s Southern Regional Bullfighter of the year in 2004; the American Cowboys Rodeo Association Bullfighter of the Year in 2005 and 2006; and has been one of the top bullfighting instructors for Sankey Rodeo Schools for the last six years. He was also a member of the Rodeo Attitude Program and enjoyed representing the sport he loved so much.

Funeral services are pending. Garretson is survived by his fiance, Summer Skinner, and their three sons, Ty Garretson, Cole Garretson and Austin Dale Chandler.

http://www.rodeoattitude.com/spur/state/missouri/joe-garretson-3071.shtml

bovine and equine

Was he killed  due to bullfighting injuries? (The one link would not open on my computer, so it might have said there.) 

[cowgirl_up_47

I am curious, too, but couldn't find anything that said how he died. That is the only info I could find.