Narralda Lacquer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Duncraggan

Like his good EMA and positive rib- and rump fats combination, in fact the right side of his Breedplan data, starting at Milk EBV is great.
For me, his above average Mature weight and slightly below average Wean weights count against him as I want earlier maturing cattle with good wean weights for my market, as that is how I am paid! I like to see explosive early growth and lower Mature weight EBV's. The EMA and Fats are a bonus to me.
Balanced looking bull though, nice tight sheath too. Have you bought him?

huntaway

Duncraggan said:
Like his good EMA and positive rib- and rump fats combination, in fact the right side of his Breedplan data, starting at Milk EBV is great.
For me, his above average Mature weight and slightly below average Wean weights count against him as I want earlier maturing cattle with good wean weights for my market, as that is how I am paid! I like to see explosive early growth and lower Mature weight EBV's. The EMA and Fats are a bonus to me.
Balanced looking bull though, nice tight sheath too. Have you bought him?

The type of bull id like to buy, but he sells next week in Western Australia. Agree with your ebv comments in an ideal world but he's not far away. Breed average isn't a bad place to be. At 3.9 I wouldn't be too worried at his birthweight over cows, I would think I would get low 40's which i am happy with, a ebv of 5 or 6 is where i think i would get to many close to 50kg which is to high for me.