NASCAR

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowboy

I wasn't sold on this new way of drafting, 2 by 2. There are only 2 races all year where this type of raicing will happen, and Daytona is an Icon. Seemed to me there were more wrecks too. Just wasn't the same as before to me any way.

Good to see that kid win, he has more confidence at 20 than most of the guys have at 35 -- he will be really good in years to come.

Many more races to come that are normal, so we will see how they handle Talladaga -- that's a good one too!

Cheers -- Terry

knabe

love the drafting.  hate the consistent speed everywhere on the track.  want to see acceleration and some braking instead of deceleration.  i want to see the rotors wear out. like to see some cubic inches.  never forget the first daytona live.  totally awesome.  now that was some racing.  want to see new engine technology, maybe batteries and sharper turns, i want to see parts wear out due to rules changes that no one has an advantage and different things are tried.  want to see on board jacks, wheels that auto eject and get rid of the lug bolts.  want to see multiple pit lanes and for a limited set of cars and only one in at a time to change the strategy of the race. 

Ohio1

The 2 by 2 will only be at super speedways but trevor bayne did a nice job. You just wait for junior he's back

oldwood

My Hats off to the Wood brothers,they have been around a long time, Way to take a chance on the rookie, would have been better if he drove a Chevy though. man I hope Junior gets it going, enough is enough already.

MFJ338

I was at the race, it was my first nascar race. I would definitely recommend going to Daytona just once. Not sure about the style of racing but I'm happy for Trevor nice to see a young guy win.
I was pulling for Dale Jr he ran strong he going to win some races this year. (clapping)

showsteerdlux

I could tell the difference in the newly redone track, because they sure were wrecking. Hats off to a kid for winning the thing. Also thought there were a lot of young guns out there doing pretty dang good.

JbarL

daytona has turned into a carnival ride in all three series....follow the leader for 2 hours then wreck for an hour..the real nascar starts next week...would have just as soon seen them take away a daytona ( or talladega) race and left the second atlanta race on the circuit....but.. the new race in kentucky is going to be great.....and bring the circuit closer to alot of folks in the 3 or 4 hour driving range to get there....not a big restrictor plate fan..jbarl

crushertown

Great race through the whole thing.  Usually daytonas are a last five lap race but this race was exciting throughout.  I love hearing people say junior is back.lolololol  Ive been hearing that where i live for ten years now.  Maybe that he has jeff gordons chief he may get a top five now.lololol

shortdawg

Good race ! I was proud to see Bayne win since he's a great kid. In the end I'll have to admit that I was pulling for David Ragan since he's a GA boy from about an hour up the road from me. He really got a bum call on that deal I thought.

JbarL

knabe said:
love the drafting.  hate the consistent speed everywhere on the track.  want to see acceleration and some braking instead of deceleration.  i want to see the rotors wear out. like to see some cubic inches.  never forget the first daytona live.  totally awesome.  now that was some racing.  want to see new engine technology, maybe batteries and sharper turns, i want to see parts wear out due to rules changes that no one has an advantage and different things are tried.  want to see on board jacks, wheels that auto eject and get rid of the lug bolts.  want to see multiple pit lanes and for a limited set of cars and only one in at a time to change the strategy of the race.  

problem with daytona ( and tallagada) is they cant keep the cars and parts out of the stands ( fenders hoods rotors spoilers ect).....theve got the hp...and accerelation...elliot went 220 in 1989...but.its like a 40 yr old golf course....its beautiful and fully developed, but the way the guys hit the ball today they are simply to short for professional series play...daytona needs to take the first 30 rows of seats out....and put up another fence up higher and let em go.....its not the driver saftey they are concerned with.... its keeping the cars and parts in the pen and out of the stands......history tells us that "any" drivers  (petty/earnhart/irwin) can die at the track but  its racin' the very next week  reguardless.......why do you think the indy series dont run at daytona, and talladaga??....jbarl

Woody

well im gunna root for my favorite again  this week                KAHNE          It sure was a disapointment when he left a Dodge car though.  Go Dodge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Go Kurt Busch????  Hes all the hope I have left.

Ohio1

JR got 10 even with a speeding on pit lane and a flat