Naughty Pine birth weights and calves.

Help Support Steer Planet:

DakotaCow

I had been hearing bad things about NP birthweights and good things about the calves so I comprimised last year and only used 5 units, luckily I got 5 calves and am pleased to say I did not have a calf over 92 lbs, with the smallest coming at 84. Unfortunately I got all reds....2 of the cows I used him on were black and they decided to toss the red gene also. At first I was pretty disapointed in the calves but with each passing day they are outperforming and outshining most of the other calves by duramax, golden child, paddy and hairy bear. Has anyone else used him with similar results? <cowboy>

Heavy Weight

I only have one and she happens to be red out of a black cow too. She was 87 lbs unassisted and is growing and seems to be doing really well.

starz20

I've used Naughty Pine for several years now.  He will throw red, black and chromed up ones.  I usually have blacks or some chromes.  I have never had a problem with birthweights but I wouldn't use him on 1st calf heifers as he is out of heatwave.  I love my Naughty Pine calves and they are very marketable for us.  I will continue to use him and his son Eye Candy.  (clapping)