NBAR Hamley

Help Support Steer Planet:

bhcc

What is everyones opinion on Hamley?  What type of cows work best when bred to him?

g cattle

I've worked on many of these hamleys and hamley himself. From what I seen I would use him on a moderate to bigger cows. But probably works on the bigger type. To me hamley will make them longer fronted, better in the shoulder, stouter, and also deeper in there rib. Haven't seen a red angus bull as consistent as him.

thats funny

I saw about 3 or 4 Hamley daughters in Denver this year...and they were awesome.  They were moderate framed.  I wouldn't call them small but could maybe be a little bigger.  That Bred Heifer that won the Junior show out of him, should have won the Open show too.

Torch

FWIW: From the one I have he will make them narrower in stance. But they are correct and sound in structure. I would agree on the larger framed cow working better. I used him on a heifer that had been shown just to get a calf safely on the ground. In that I was successful, but the calf will hit the grid come weaning time.

ROAD WARRIOR

If you don't want them moderated as much I have a maternal brother to him that was National Intermediate Champion bull in 2003. Makes the coolest females that are correct and sweet fronted, they come small and grow very well. At coming 9 years old, he still looks like a 5 year old. I also have a maternal sister to him as well, the old Kelley cow is the real deal when it comes to producing progeny. RW

Latest posts