neck sweats

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortii

Does anyone use neck sweats on their cattle and do they work? If so, do you have to work up to how many hours you leave it on a calf. For example start out by putting a neck sweat on for 6 hours to start and then slowly work up to 12 hours..

Thanks for the advice

maineanjou87

ive used them on my herefords and all i did was rub mouth wash on them and put the neck sweat on 12 hours on 12 hours off and after bout week and a half they sweated about half off of what they started with off and that was with out putting on anything else besides mouth wash so yea my opinion they work well just make sure you groom them when you use it to keep the hair good

steerkid21

maineanjou87 said:
ive used them on my herefords and all i did was rub mouth wash on them and put the neck sweat on 12 hours on 12 hours off and after bout week and a half they sweated about half off of what they started with off and that was with out putting on anything else besides mouth wash so yea my opinion they work well just make sure you groom them when you use it to keep the hair good
what does the mouth wash do to help the cause? I don't have very much success with neck sweats so maybe I am missing something.