Need a calving ease outcross to ali, any ideas?

Help Support Steer Planet:

advocate

Try doc he's owned by rogers,sievers, and maass different bred makes good females calves are hairy and come easy throws different than you would think with his breeding

hamburgman

Majors money man might be an outcross, foreplay works great on heifers and the females are keepers also

RSC

GVC Special Delivery, PB Maine and should be a good outcross to Ali.  Real nice calves and they come easy.

Telos

Not much to choose from. Special Delivery seems to be the "to go" bull. Was looking for one myself.

johnmetzger

I'm using Maverick as I have some calves on the ground unassisted that their 4yr old dams needed assistance last year. 

LUKE

You can ask kane1598 about mamas boys calving ease. I know he has had a first hand experience.

LUKE

A.T.B said:
SHIVER not an ali but im impressed with wat ive used him on

We used Shiver two years ago on two heifers only one caught and she gave birth to a good little fifty pound heifer. We kept this heifer and she seems to have plenty of growth to her and good depth of body.

TYD

my cousin has been using shiver for a few years now on his heifers has had great luck they are small and vigirous at birth and have grown into some of the nicest on his place

LUKE

We used Total Solution last year on two heifers one being a sunseeker the other being a heatwave. Both calved completely unassisted. The calves were both 50-55 lbs. They are full of life up and moving in just minutes. Total Solution done for us what his ad said. He put a tremendous amount hair on the calves, they have more leg hair than any of the other calves we have. He is a Who Made Who X Habanero. You wouldn't guess that either of the calves were out of first calf heifers.