need and answer for what could be happening

Help Support Steer Planet:

wyatt

it has been ove two weeks since this cow calved she cleaned out and was looking good the past week and just today had blood coming out  ??? what could be the cause of this ? i wouldnt think it is from her calf since she calved 2 weeks ago

C

cornish

WB ShowCattle said:
it has been ove two weeks since this cow calved she cleaned out and was looking good the past week and just today had blood coming out  ??? what could be the cause of this ? i wouldnt think it is from her calf since she calved 2 weeks ago

not all that uncommon for the first month after calving.  Will take atleast that long for the repro tracts to heal up and shrink back down.  Then will take a couple of weeks to a month for that first heat to get things back going again-- which is why it's recommended to re-breed 45-60 days after calving-- takes that long to get back to 'normal'.

wyatt

feed grass said:
WB ShowCattle said:

not all that uncommon for the first month after calving.  Will take atleast that long for the repro tracts to heal up and shrink back down.  Then will take a couple of weeks to a month for that first heat to get things back going again-- which is why it's recommended to re-breed 45-60 days after calving-- takes that long to get back to 'normal'.
thanks  O0

cattleboy

i was surprised to find this out but the reason it takes so long to come back in heat really isn't for the repro parts to heal. its the hypothalamus that needs time to rejuvenate.