Need help choosing what pic to use for Sale Page on website.

Help Support Steer Planet:

thecattleco

Hey guys!  Just posting pics on my website of all of the calves and needed an honest opinion.  Which pic would you use?  This is a Wave Runner x Nutt Butt Business and I am posting the one you guys tell me to on www.thecattleco.com.  Thank you for the help in advance.  Just let me know, pic1 ,2, or 3.

Attachments

• Wave Runner 2.JPG
    Wave Runner 2.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 223
  • Wave Runner 3.JPG
    Wave Runner 3.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Wave Runner x Nutt Butt Business.JPG
    Wave Runner x Nutt Butt Business.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 188

knabe

the feet placement of 1 and the angle of 3.  you might try a spot that has a stretch slightly uphill.

Bawndoh

I agree with Knabe (as usual ;)).  The 2nd photo is the best shown actually.  He actually shows some dimension.  He looks puny, and light muscled in the others.  Wrong angle and feet placement.

Jill

I guess for me, I don't really like any of them, I would start over.  A bad picture is worse than no picture at all, you want to put the best picture you can possibly get and none of these really show the calf, too far behind in the 1st one, the 2nd one the calf is standing off kilter and the 3rd his feet are set wrong making him appear short sided.

herefordfootball

I like 1 the best. What you really need to do is get him setup right in three different spots in the pen, then take about fifteen to twenty pictures at each spot. Go through pick the best one or two from each spot then pick the best from those 3-6 photos.

bcosu

the first one. shows he has some hip but is also smooth long bodied and correct on his feet and legs. nice calf btw.

justintime

I agree with Jill. Getting the best picture possible is essential in getting the most out of your marketing efforts. We all see things a little differently, but I think most people's attention is grabbed by a good picture. I am not talking about distorting it in any way shape or form. Just present your animals in their best possible light. If you don't want to do this, I think pic #2 will do the most good for you, or use both #1 and #2, as they show him slightly differently. I would strongly suggest you take another try at getting a picture a bit better.  BTW, I think your calf looks pretty good!

ZNT

knabe said:
the feet placement of 1 and the angle of 3.  you might try a spot that has a stretch slightly uphill.

I agree with knabe that if you had the foot placement of picture 1 along with the photo angle of picture 3, you would have had the money shot.  That being said, I have spent plenty of time in the picture pen with less than cooperative calves, and it just isn't always possible to get that PERFECT picture.  I don't know what price you are wanting out of this calf, or what caliber of sale you are having, but if you have a 5 digit price tag on this one, it would be worth the time to get a new pic.  If not, I think a combination of picture 1 and 2 gives a good representation of the calf, and the sale in general.

We all want every picture of every calf to look like the $20K steers we see sell, or the professionally done A.I. sire pics with professionally done touch-ups on top of it, but it just isn't always possible or even practical.

You can decide how high quality of picture you need to get the money you want/need.

Good luck with the website and sale

Zane

thecattleco

thecattleco said:
Hey guys!  Just posting pics on my website of all of the calves and needed an honest opinion.  Which pic would you use?  This is a Wave Runner x Nutt Butt Business and I am posting the one you guys tell me to on www.thecattleco.com.  Thank you for the help in advance.  Just let me know, pic1 ,2, or 3.

Hey guys.  Just wanted to say thank you for your honest opinions.  I posted 1 and 2 for now, and if he doesn't bring the Buy Calf Now price of $2000 right away, I will repicture him this weekend before the bid off.  I might try a couple others on all of you soon.  Jake