Need help with hair!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Heifer Girl

OK, i have a heifer i want to take to Louisville to show. But, she is losing ALL her hair!!! What is going on?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I need help and advice!! Alos, it is 20 degrees here at night not above 75 degrees during the day.

OH Breeder

If you have treated for the appropriate bugs, lice etc, some cattle shed out and grow hair right before winter. Usually they are past that stage this time of the year. Get a grill block and go over her. Make sure all the dead hair is out. Then keep rinsing daily and fans and you shouldn't have a problem with hair growing.

Woodland Farms Show Cattl

ok assuming you met the registration deadline and are still concerned about the hair i have to confirm the post above, ALL calves must eventually shuck their hair, assuming you have been working her all summer and kept the hair thru the heat she has to lose it to grow in her winter coat, assumng this in the case keep her head clipped every couple weeks(keeps her feeling cold), rinse her at least twice a day with ice cold water and keep a fan on her during the day, letting her out on grass at night can help too if this is an option for you. if you keep at it you'll be surprised how fast the hair comes back in. Good Luck!