Help Support Steer Planet:

hntwhitetail

misty said:
hntwhitetail said:
misty said:
-XBAR- said:
misty said:
mark tenenbaum said:
3 hiefers-i-80 i-80 i80-: If you are worried about the one withAli back there (to me it would be a GOOD THING) -I would breed that one to GUCCI-maybe even Majors Money Man -or Witchdoctor-or the new Total Solution Clone,or Grizzly-or  the proud Jazz full sib,or Elbee Throw Back-Elbee deals work awsome on x-breds:Capt Obvious makes sows almost every time etc.- I personally think there are a ton of choices where you can maintain:the look, the hip and bone-rather than getting a so-so Angus deal-yea yea there are more of them than anything else-but not allways in the x-bred  winners circle-and they no longer hold a patent on function;and calving ease. O0

I like I-80 was worried about the ali one she has tons of bone weighed 105lbs and was a hard pull out of a third calver.  Do you know if he is homozygous black.
I think I saw that he was scurred. 

should nvr keep heifers you had to pull.  Those arent the genetics you want to propogate.

I've gone back and forth about that and thought we'd have her pelvis measured and see if we can give her a chance.

I kept a heifer that was 110 @ birth.. she had a 50lber unassisted a week ago as her first calf.  She is making a good momma.

What bull did you use?

A pb I-80 son of mine.  His calves have been 40 to 70 out of heat wave and clubby genetics.  calves are coal black and hairy w/ lots of vigor. 

hntwhitetail

-XBAR- said:
hntwhitetail said:
misty said:
-XBAR- said:
misty said:
mark tenenbaum said:
3 hiefers-i-80 i-80 i80-: If you are worried about the one withAli back there (to me it would be a GOOD THING) -I would breed that one to GUCCI-maybe even Majors Money Man -or Witchdoctor-or the new Total Solution Clone,or Grizzly-or  the proud Jazz full sib,or Elbee Throw Back-Elbee deals work awsome on x-breds:Capt Obvious makes sows almost every time etc.- I personally think there are a ton of choices where you can maintain:the look, the hip and bone-rather than getting a so-so Angus deal-yea yea there are more of them than anything else-but not allways in the x-bred  winners circle-and they no longer hold a patent on function;and calving ease. O0

I like I-80 was worried about the ali one she has tons of bone weighed 105lbs and was a hard pull out of a third calver.  Do you know if he is homozygous black.
I think I saw that he was scurred. 

should nvr keep heifers you had to pull.  Those arent the genetics you want to propogate.

I've gone back and forth about that and thought we'd have her pelvis measured and see if we can give her a chance.

I kept a heifer that was 110 @ birth.. she had a 50lber unassisted a week ago as her first calf.  She is making a good momma.
I take it consistency isnt a strong suit amongst that line.

I don't think the heifers dam was managed that well before I got her.  She was on a full feed diet.  I try to limit the feed to my first calf heifers and feed hay w/ no grain in the last trimester.  I think this helps.