Need Simmi bull other than Meyer or CNS that is maternal and affordable

Help Support Steer Planet:

BAS

I would like to know if anyone knows a good maternal simmi bull I can use on a really good Maine to make Mamas for clubbys other than CNS or Meyers.

olsun

I like what I see and hear from Fat Butt and Grandmaster.

TDR Simmentals

I agree with Grandmaster.  I've got a heifer out of a Paddy O' Malley cow that I think is one the best I've ever raised!  I'll try to post a pic of her later for you.

firesweepranch

Oval F Ringleader is making some great mama's recently, and done some great things in the show ring also. Here is a link to their website : http://ovalfranch.com/

I bought some semen off them at the Royal this year; $20 a straw if I remember correctly.

Also, the Hummer line makes some GREAT females, just no so pretty. Our two recip cows are both hummer granddaughters, and both wean off GREAT heavy calves each year. One even produced a champion bull calf as her first natural calf!

I know you said no CNS (you mean Deam On, correct?), but Built Right, a son, has done an outstanding job as a female maker. Our good show cow, the one that placed Third overall at the Nationals in Iowa last year, is a Built Right and she had her 3rd and 4th calf (twins) a day after her fourth birthday, and is feeding them both without a problem! She bred back as a three year old on her first heat and produced twins! I would take a Built Right daughter ANYDAY! Great mamas, great personality, great everything! And they win a lot in the show ring, plus have some chrome to most of them.

If I think of any others, I will post again.

TDR Simmentals

Paddy O' Malley x Ebony's Grandmaster heifer.  She's 2 months old in this picture

Attachments

• betty.zip
    235.5 KB · Views: 209

gary89

TDR Simmentals said:
Paddy O' Malley x Ebony's Grandmaster heifer.  She's 2 months old in this picture

Well I am definitely ordering more Grandmaster semen this year. I did not get any settled last year. Nice looking heifer! Have you got any other Grandmasters? If so how do they look?

His semen is only $20.00 and he has good maternal numbers.

TDR Simmentals

Thats the only one I've got so far.  I have several friends that have used him with great results.  The calves are sound, deep, and hairy.  I plan on using him more

jackpotcattle

I would have to vote for Grandmaster right now. He seems to be very consistent siring calves that look like the one pictured in this thread. (sound, hairy, soft, and stout) We don't have our Fat Butt calves yet, but after talking to a guy today I am scared. He said they all were long gestation and has not had a bull calf under 100 lbs. He said they are bucked kneed and HW stout.(bad thing if you are trying to raise breeding cattle). His neighbor also had to cut one out of a 4 yr old cow.