Need some help

Help Support Steer Planet:

plattevalleysimmentals

Ok so here is my problem, I have a real nice heifer calf that is supposedly a cleanup bull calf. We bred her mother to Limestone Darkhorse and the calf just basically looks too good to be out of our clean up bull.The bull is heavy fronted and leathery all over and this calf is super stylish, square hipped, and really cool fronted kind of like the calf reports have been for Darkhorse. The calf came 3 weeks late to the due date though is my problem, I kind of have a memory of rebreeding the mother but dont have it wrote down anywhere that we rebred her. What I am going to try and do is send in hair from both the cleanup bull and the calf but I dont know how or where to go about doing that.
Also if anyone has any info or pics on calves of Darkhorse I would much appreciate it. Thanks and hope someone can help me

kanshow

You should be able to start by sending the tail hairs of the calf only into the association. 

LN

If you want to be 100% sure you'll have to DNA the calf. For the next time, keep records. They save a lot of headaches.