Need some opinions on angus calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

goodnight

The first is a 2/28 steer out of a White Oak Precise son and a granddaughter of Touchstone

Attachments

• 100_2053.jpg
    100_2053.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 100_2055.jpg
    100_2055.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 197

goodnight

The second is a 2/17 heifer out of Connealy Power One and a Midland dam

Attachments

• 100_2037.jpg
    100_2037.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 200

goodnight

Finally, a 2/1 heifer out of Image Maker and by a first calf heifer out of the same White Oak Precise son as the steer calf.

Please give me your honest opinions. You won't hurt my feelings ;)

Thanks!

Attachments

• 100_2033.jpg
    100_2033.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 202

trevorgreycattleco

It's hard to say with the pics. Keep practicing with your camera. I like the heifer personally.  She is the type I like to breed to shorthorn! Or if Angus I would breed her to GAR Grid Maker or a son of his. Keep takin pictures! I would be thrilled if I could just figure out how to put up some of my own pics but can't. Copmuter challenged.

goodnight

Freddy said:
Very nice set of calves, I had trouble with a couple White Oak Precise females having  AM-NH ,i'm sure you proably already know this or the breeder of the bull had it taken care of ....

All are already tested AM and NH free, except the steer. I don't think we need to test him  ;)

Just looking to see whether the heifers could compete, and whether the steer has the power to compete in an angus class. I am working on the camera skills. I have been an underwater photographer for 4 years now, and shooting calves is infinitely harder. Go figure.

goodnight

rkmn said:
Would like to see different pictures of the steer. He looks like he could be pretty good.

I will see what I can do. I am the world's worst at analyzing my own calves. I will shoot some more photos in a few days (I have baby duty this weekend, mama and mother-in-law are shopping).

Rock_N_Roll_Ranch

this person is right that you need to find a better way to take the picture i would recommend that yu have the sun behind you and that take one pic of each calf but you want to catch them at the best time especially when tey sho off them selves