need to add guts and hair to Foreplay cow

Help Support Steer Planet:

noel73

I have a Foreplay cow that has a massive top and great structure and she has had two "nice" heifer calves (one out of TYSON and one out of a Maine X pasture bull).  I think that she can do better.  She needs guts and hair.  Any suggestions as to what to AI her to would be welcome.  Thanks!

ruhtram

Dr.Who has worked when i've needed more body and he can put hair on as well

Alpha

Vanilla Ice - i have only seen two calves out of him but they both had a tone of guts and a huge amount of rib spread. ( at around 7-8 months old )

oldwood

Have seen some really nice eye candy's with a lot of guts and hair,

Telos

I think Eye Candy would also work.

Personally, I would stay away with Dr. Who because of adding too much Power Plant genetics on your Foreplay cow. From my experience Angus genetics or something other then a high percentage Maine works best with those Foreplay cows.

Sammy

Personally I would stay clear of Dr. Who on a Foreplay - too much of a chance of a monkey-mouth or parrot mouth calf lining up that breeding - I just see that someone else has posted the same thing - could be a leg-swinger too -

chambero

If you are wanting a steer prospect, the Heat Wave bloodlines put a soft middle in calves better than no other.  Frankly, I think Monopoly excels it that - you just need a little muscle from the cow.

noel73

Thanks so much for all the replies - I went ahead and called bovine-elite this morning and we went with Eye Candy.  I think he looks like he will add some depth and hair to whatever she produces.  I would actually love to get a bull calf out of her for a steer prospect; we have only had heifers from her so far.

donorheaven

chambero said:
If you are wanting a steer prospect, the Heat Wave bloodlines put a soft middle in calves better than no other.  Frankly, I think Monopoly excels it that - you just need a little muscle from the cow.

agree with chambero here...new bulls like smilin bob, maybe fast freddy etc could work as well...

dimebag

I have been using Yellow Jacket , Troubadour and Buckcherry on my Foreplay Donor with great results .