Need to breed...

Help Support Steer Planet:

But I have no idea to what bull. I have a Maine Tainer cow who needs to be bred but I'm not sure who would do best on her. Back when she was shown she never placed lower than 2nd in her class anywhere. I have no idea what her breeding is. I've attached a picture of her let me know what you think. I'm considering anything just about.

Attachments

• boston 1063.jpg
    boston 1063.jpg
    905.1 KB · Views: 205

LLBUX

Jakes Proud Jazz would moderate her frame and throw a live calf.

Offspring could be registered as Shorthorn Plus at a cheaper rate than most associations.

Good luck-

aandtcattle

She looks like she needs cut down a notch on frame and just stoutened up some and more depth of rib.  Monopoly or clones or I think Johnny walker Red would do the trick and keep some white on the face if thats what you are wanting.

First off thanks for the replies. I'll look into all of them.
And I have found out what her lines are... She's a Myer 734 X maine. I never would have guessed it.

OH Breeder

You cow- has she had a calf if so what was she bred to and how did it look? Do you want to stay with Maines? There are alot of Maines that would work to stouten her up and bring her down in frame. Looks like to me you just need one of those soft made smaller farmed Heat Wave sons. Walks Alone from what I am seeing is really working.
Heifer- Hired Man combines Who Made Who and Double Stuff lines. He can have some shoulder to him. I would stick with calving ease options like Legend, Northern Improvement, Gizmo, Jakes Proud Jazz, there are alot of new shorthorn calving ease surfacing that you could breed her too. If you go shorthorn route you can register plus. Pic would help too.

tipmover

aandtcattle said:
She looks like she needs cut down a notch on frame and just stoutened up some and more depth of rib.  Monopoly or clones or I think Johnny walker Red would do the trick and keep some white on the face if thats what you are wanting.
  Johny Walker Red sucs, he wouldn't stouten them up.  Monopoly would do the trick now.

Has any one seen anything good out of eye candy? he was suggested by a good knowledgeable friend of mine to put on the Meyer cow.