need to gain 120Lbs in 35 days what the best way?

Help Support Steer Planet:

got a calf that weighs about 350 and want him about 470. our fair is in 35 days and it is forcasting cool wether, how can i get him there

OH Breeder

In such a short period of time you run the risk of buring his gut up. They do make implants for calves. that will accelerate the weight gain. It will make a difference in 30 days. Look at tweeking his ration a touch. You also would make sure he is full for weigh in.

Bradenh

Just give him a synovex c implant and you won't have a problem, if you want more give him one in each ear and that will make him gain that much faster, I'm not speaking from ignorance. We did it on the 4th of July after the belt buckle bonanza, and yesterday my calf had went from 597 to 780  (183 lbs), and yes I'm in Texas and we currently have a barn under construction so the calf lives in a lot with trees as shade,,,, give it a shot!

Railway cattle said:
got a calf that weighs about 350 and want him about 470. our fair is in 35 days and it is forcasting cool wether, how can i get him there
I have herd of certin implants and have tossed around the idea. how much weight gain per day do you think it will increase him?

Bradenh

Depends where you live I imagine, and the genetics on the calf a little. My calf is an American and he went from 3.?? To right at 6 ppd. Synovex won't screw a calf up as bad as ralgro and revalar, its a pretty safe implant that we love to use for weight gain and making one "less green", I have another calf that since being implanted on the same day is gaining 5.6 ppd