Neighbors bull problems...need advice

Help Support Steer Planet:

OKshorthorn

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I spent a good part of yesterday evening separating a very unhappy bull from my heifers and cows. I am not sure how long the bull was in the pasture, we didn't see him until we got home last night, he wasn't in there yesterday morning. I know of at least one cow that was in heat. I have 4 heifers that were born from january to may of this year in that pasture as well that I was concerned about. I know I need to wait 10 days to Lut a cow after something like that happens but my question is this. We are planning on AI'ing in 4 weeks. Would it be ok to just wait, put CIDR's in and lut them then? That wouldn't be too long to wait would it?

Thanks,

Heath

twistedhshowstock

I dont think its to long to wait to lut one...but if they are bred and you abort them you may not get a good cycle on that service if you wait til then...if you go ahead and lut them at 10 days and then do the CIDR in 4 weeks you should be good on your cycle though...that is personally what I would do in this situation.

CAB

If your cow is bred say 30 days, give her the shot of Lute and breed her off of the standing heat. The cidr tricks them into thinking that they are preg. you have it 1 better, if it's 30 days she will have no troubles conceiving.

A.I.GUY

Wait and give her lute in 10 days and then 10 days after that start cidr program and 9 days later your breeding her follow the instructions on the back of the bag of cidr's and it should work perfectly!!  Happy Breeding  <cowboy>