New 2010 Calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

farmermom

I'm new to steer planet.  Let me know what you think of our new calves.  Give me the good and the bad.  I need the help.
This one is a Dream On son out of a commerical angus cow.  This is not the dam in the picture.

Attachments

• Optimus Prime 2010.jpg
    Optimus Prime 2010.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 190

farmermom

farmermom said:
I'm new to steer planet.  Let me know what you think of our new calves.  Give me the good and the bad.  I need the help.
This one is a Dream On son out of a commerical angus cow.  This is not the dam in the picture.
Her is another picture.

Attachments

• Optimus Prime 2010 2.jpg
    Optimus Prime 2010 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 183

farmermom

Dream on heifer calf out of a reg. sim.
I've got to redo some pictures.  The are above the limit.  This is the best one I have.

Attachments

• Drama Queen 2010 3.jpg
    Drama Queen 2010 3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 199

Show Heifer

I really like the looks of the Drama Queen Hfr. Looks very stout.
The other calves look very nice. Nothing freaky enough for the clubby world, but very nice, practical calves that should grow and make money.
What is the goal of your breeding program? Clubby show stock? Simmi replacement stock? Feeders?  Your goal is what to use as a measuring stick as to how good your calves are.

farmermom

You are correct that they are not for the clubby world.  Our goal is for simmi breeding stock, and for some nice show heifers for the kids.  We just got started a few years ago for the kids.  I had cattle (maine's) as a kid, and we've started all over for our kids.  The end results is to have profittable breeding stock that has a higher end for show quality too. 
Thanks for your post.  I like to hear the feedback on the cattle good or bad. 

Top Knot

The Dream On heifer is really sweet. I think the other calves need to be thicker/wider based.