NEW AMERICAN BULL!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

qbcattle

THIS BULL IS NOT PERFECT. However, this bull is monster topped, has a big square hip, moves around nicely, and has an attractive pattern, he also has a pedigree to back up his looks.  I had him cleaned up but not fitted so u know that what u see is what u get!

Sire: Texas playboy
Dam: MIA (deja vu) "her dam is the mother of grand champ in 03 in fort worth"

Recommended use: on American cows that show some character and need that clubby stoutness and look stamped in them.

Attachments

• Stewie proof.jpg
    Stewie proof.jpg
    736.4 KB · Views: 265

blackdiamond

I'm unfamiliar with that pedigree, so would this bull have any American blood in him?  Or just some extra skin and sheath-- from a 'more' clubby proven deal on ABC deals.?

qbcattle

Texas playboy his sire  is American bred on both sides. His dam is full exotic.
So to answer question yes he does have American blood in him

blackdiamond

qbcattle said:
Texas playboy his sire  is American bred on both sides. His dam is full exotic.
So to answer question yes he does have American blood in him

Very good...  it's interesting to this Midwesterner, all the different 'type' of ABC cattle that I saw while judging down there.. Very good cattle, just completely different than what we have here...

qbcattle

They are very unique and even more challenging to breed! My roots are in south Texas and they are an instrumental piece to the cattle industry down here, so that's where my passion is....trying to make these things as good as I can.

garybob

I think he's good-enough to use as a "terminal" sire on a British cow with depth, and adequate performance and softness.....provided the calving ease is there. To produce a more "Showy" calf for the "ear" classes on the Texas Show Circuit, I would look for a cow that was either a GertxHORNED Hereford "Star 5", or a cow that was either a BrangusxAngus or a BrangusxHorned Hereford as well. Most F1 tigerstripe braford cows will likely throw a calf that will "type", but won't have the power and bold structure that is needed to succeed at Y'all's unrealistically competetive shows.

GB

qbcattle

Thanks for the suggestions gb, I think he could work well like that , can't wait to see some progeny next fall

qbcattle

I have not. Since I have bought her I have only bred her American. She was bred exotic once before I bought her to golden child. Never got to see that calf but rumor has it , it was an awesome stout extremely hairy red and white heifer, however it died from the south tx heat at around 6 mths of age. That cow is due to calve this month and I am thinking of holding her open and flushing her a couple times before rebreeding her in the fall. I would deal with someone wanting to flush her exotic