New Angus Ads (no need for crossbreeding)

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cabanha Santa Isabel - BR

Marbling is not only associated with tenderness, yes, marbling help to a cut become a little bit tender. Marbling show influence on taste!
I believe that all breeds show your place on meat chain. Some breed show more fat other no, so some breeds has meat that are better for some different cooked ways. Some are better for grilling and roast on the oven, some other for barbecue. Breeds has the same obvious rule, some ones are better for grass, some other are better for feedlot, some ones are maternal some others are terminal. The unique error on these all, are some breeders that wish an unique breed all purposes that show meat all purposes. All we have our place on sunshine!
Here is interest, fat stock buyers wish only very very fat cattle, but on abattoir this so expensive fat is take off on carcass touilette. Low fat cover as showed on Piemontes and Charolais are not wished.

Duncraggan

Most people can't replicate a good 'steakhouse' steak at home!

Why?

Most people would not buy the steak they eat in a steakhouse if they saw it pre-cooked!  Too much fat.

Housewives buy the reddest steak with the least marbling they can find, by definition, therefore, the toughest, most bland meat on offer!

My wife is only allowed to buy chicken, pork and ground beef for our house.  Anything else, I buy!

Duncraggan

Cabanha Santa Isabel - BR said:
Tyler said:
ty378 said:
Well iam not 20,  angus cattle are the way of the future , seems like a lot of jealous people of the angus breed.

Blind love for a single breed is a dangerous thing.  I raise a few different breeds and some Angus cattle too, I can tell you from experience each breed brings good things to the table and they all have some things to work on too. 
Me too, have a few breeds and keep some fullblood (on paper of course) Aberdeen Angus. Can tell you that, maybe the most enthusiast Angus breeders here are very disappointed with some "modernization" that breed suffer on last decades, bringing horns, marks and lack of Aberdeen Angus pure characteristcs. They keep selling your cattle of course but some people are looking for new options.
All breeds show good and bad points. Keep blind and don't see the errors and mistakes that need to be improved in one breed is a big mistake.
From what I understood, all Aberdeen Angus cattle have to trace back, on both sides, to the original herdbook in Scotland.  Anything else, including red angus, is in a supplementary register as there is no way of 'breeding up' into the pure register.

ty378

Cannot do it up here In canada bulls gottabe DNA tested before any calves can be reg

Limiman12

Baxter black has a poem that starts, " if Herefords were black and angus were red, would breeders of Herefords breed angus instead..."  Very fitting for this thread.

Cabanha Santa Isabel - BR

Limiman12 said:
Baxter black has a poem that starts, " if Herefords were black and angus were red, would breeders of Herefords breed angus instead..."   Very fitting for this thread.

Good...very good!!
Believe that the best decision make for the old breed formers was the choice for black coat!

(clapping)