New bull reports

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowman

Any reports on last years rookies?? Pictures??

N-Charge, Walks Alone, Womanizer, Highliner, Trausch bulls, Lautner Bulls???

The silence is deafening on some of these guys...happens every year I guess. Nobody seems to be raving about any of them though???

cotullaguy

Per Matt Lautner's website, it appears Bojo is working pretty darn well.  Hearing good things on Walks Alone.  Have also heard good reports on some 3 year old bulls like Eye Candy, Immortal, and Cattlelac Jack.  I am going to the north in about a month and will report what I  see with photos then.  I am in Texas and thus we do not have our calves till the summer and fall.

Show Steaks

Womanizer.....(from first month of growth) i would say use on undersized females to add frame(calved about 10 have 2 smokin steers and 2 smokin heifers, i think thats a pretty good precentage for club calves on angus cows)
Power Trip.... had one born 11 days ealry came out about 65#'s, starting to come around thick, hairy and good middled. may add a touch of frame than most club bulls
^^^These i have raised^^^
Walks alone, looks good as a maturing bull, moderate frame but great style and thickness
tiny tim, he's tiny
eye candy, looks nice as a mature bull
bojo, calf pitures have me interested and at same time turned off(looking at the bojo bull matt and phil bought toes out real hard up front)

JMO
Andrew

vet tech

A neighbor of mine has a awesome bojo heife! super stout and walks beautifuly. Also Boysel has some really neat walks alone calves

cowman

tadpole said:
How are your highliner calves looking cowman??

Wondered how long before someone asked me to answer my own question!

Got 2 Steers and 2 Heifers out of a flush to an Angus cow. Very pleased so far, I would have pictures by now but it has been busy and now I'm getting ready to set up recips and AI cows. There will be pictures eventually I promise.

nck21

I would say use Bojo on cows that don't have alot of clubby genetics. We used him on a larger framed Laredo x Draft Pick 5/8 maine cow and the calf has alot of muscle but toes out up front and is plenty straight. But we are using him on a few of my Angus cross cows this year and expect better results.

WFCC

from what i have seen bojo will moderate fram, add bone and hip, but use him on a big sound cow.  i been hearing calf reports that walks alone is going to breed bigger than what he looks, more along the full flush draft pick lines as far as frame.

cowman

Wow. Check out the new bull updates on Matt Lautner's blog...some interesting comments.

nck21

Kinda put down Walks Alone which is not even their bull...but it might be true because there hasn't been alot of buzz on the WA calves, but it probably comes down to marketing.

vet tech

Ive heard more buzz about Walks Alone calves than any other new bull....and the best calves I have seen this year have been Walks Alone and Bojo. Also I got so see Bojo's mother and she is a freak. Tons of bone and super stout. And she is red and white haha