new calf, texas classing?

Help Support Steer Planet:

cebwtx

I don't know that my daughter will end up showing this calf or not but wandered what this bull calf would class in Texas shows. In the picture he's a day old so I know its hard to say for sure what he will become but with his color I don't know where he'd get placed. His mom is Brangus and his dad is a Hereford but he in my opinion shows no American traits or minimal at best. He was 87 pounds and all legs. He is as tall as a couple of our heifer calves that are 4-5 weeks. Any thoughts are welcome it has been a long time since I have been around the steer circuit.

Attachments

• calf.jpg
    calf.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 108

WJ Farms

post a pic in about a month but there is a possibility it could class simi but from the picture not american and for sure not hereford

cebwtx

Simi was my first thought as well. Like I said its been a while and knew that it wasn't going to class American and also not hereford. I don't know enough about other breeds enough to know of most but I am familiar with simis and that's all that came to mind. That or Heinz 57 class. I knew it was to early to tell much but the color pattern threw me a little. I'll definitely will try to update down the road.

texas111

Cant tell anything from pic.  Does he have any sheath?  Too early.  they change alot and after they are weaned you can make a better judgement on if you will show him or not.  then you can post a few pics and get some what of a better idea where to class him.