New calves loosing hair?

Help Support Steer Planet:

The Driver

new calves loosing hair on head and neck, doesn't present like ring worm thinking lice or mange. Have drenched them with de-licer then ivomec pour on 5 days later. Anything else I can do?

okcc

Sounds like they are just rubbing it off. If possible put them in pens with no places to rub( No Trees, Post, corners jutting into pen ect).

herefordfootball

The Driver said:
new calves loosing hair on head and neck, doesn't present like ring worm thinking lice or mange. Have drenched them with de-licer then ivomec pour on 5 days later. Anything else I can do?
If it is lice or mange, within 20 days of putting the ivomec on you need to use a lice powder on them. If you do not the eggs the lice laid will hatch and the problem will repeat itself. Hope this helps!!!

The Driver

herefordfootball said:
The Driver said:
If it is lice or mange, within 20 days of putting the ivomec on you need to use a lice powder on them. If you do not the eggs the lice laid will hatch and the problem will repeat itself. Hope this helps!!!

Thanks hope it works powder over drench?

herefordfootball

No dont put the powder on right after the drench wait a day or overnight and do the powder in the morning. But make sure to use both it makes a pretty lethal combo for lice!!! ;)