New Clippers

Help Support Steer Planet:

[cowgirl_up_47

I'm looking at getting a new set of clippers, but I'm not sure what to get. I do all of our clipping, so I'm trying to get everyone to pitch in and buy me a new set  ;). There are so many different ones out there.

Right now, we have a set of Lister Star clippers, but I don't like how big they are. I actually did most of our clipping last year with our set of Wahl StablePro clippers. 

I have looked at quite a few different brands, styles, etc. I prefer smaller clippers, so I'm looking at the Wahl Switchblade, Oster Power Max, Laube Cowgirl, Laube Mini Lazor, Andis Light Speed, and Andis 2 Speed.

Does anyone have any opinions on these clippers or suggestions on a good set of clippers?

shortyjock89

Andis super 2 speeds are really reliable and good for pretty much everything.

ROMAX

Won't go wrong getting a set of ANDIS 2 speeds,easy to use and lots of blade choices,if you have the right blades you can do the whole calf with a set of them.

TottenClubCalves

U use the Andis Lightspeeds and love them, They can be run with th elight on or off some people don't care for them but its preference. You can't go wrong with the AGC2's though both are great clippers

Hofstatter Farms

love my Andis 2speeds with x-blocks blades, can do about anything with them. also need a good set of #10 blades for heads, they are quiet and the cattle don't jump around as much, jmo.

herefordfootball

I've got a pair of Andis super 2's and a light speed, both are reliable(same clippers basically), easy to use, and user friendly when it comes to maintance. Definitely worth the money.

stangs13

herefordfootball said:
I've got a pair of Andis super 2's and a light speed, both are reliable(same clippers basically), easy to use, and user friendly when it comes to maintance. Definitely worth the money.

I like the 2 speeds, im thinking of upgrading to the wireless pair...take them anywhere I need them..i also use a pair of flat heads for the heads.

BCCC

[cowgirl_up_47 said:
I have looked at quite a few different brands, styles, etc. I prefer smaller clippers, so I'm looking at the Wahl Switchblade, Oster Power Max, Laube Cowgirl, Laube Mini Lazor, Andis Light Speed, and Andis 2 Speed.

The Switchblades aren't bad, I like my andis 2 speeds, but I LOVE my Laube Clippers(they are really fast) However I'm looking into the Anidis excel 5-Speed Clipper.

sam1988

does anyone have a problem with there andis 2 speeds running real hot?  I can hardly hold mine after a while.

Hofstatter Farms

sam1988 said:
does anyone have a problem with there andis 2 speeds running real hot?  I can hardly hold mine after a while.

mine did, but i took them apart and blew them out with one of those cans of keyboard cleaners and they run smooth and cool now.

[cowgirl_up_47

Thanks to everyone who has given their opinions so far. Now for another question, are any of these clippers more comfortable to hold and clip with than others?

bcosu

for sure the switchblades are easier to hold and lighter than the andis. i have both and use them both all the time. i think the andis may run a little faster than the switchblades so i use them to clip out the legs but i like how light the switchblades are for clipping out the body. The other benefit of the switchblades is that they are a little shorter and easier to work on the neck and between legs.

i don't think you could go wrong with either.