New Day Reg Angus

Help Support Steer Planet:

HAFarm

Took a picture of one of our early November ET calves by Boyd New Day out of a Prime Time Daughter.  Maybe not the best show heifer but we are real excited about her cow potential.  Her brother was one of the top selling bulls at the SW Virginia bull test in 08'.  Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• newday.jpg
    newday.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 148

TJ

HAFarm said:
Took a picture of one of our early November ET calves by Boyd New Day out of a Prime Time Daughter.  Maybe not the best show heifer but we are real excited about her cow potential.  Her brother was one of the top selling bulls at the SW Virginia bull test in 08'.  Let me know what you think.

I like her & agree that she has a lot of "cow potential".  What's her frame score?  She looks like she's got short legs & a short cannon bone.  She almost looks like a percentage Lowline Angus because of it.  Coming from me, that's a compliment.   ;)

HAFarm

Probably a 5.5 frame would, we like them a little larger.  Her dam is similar size but really puts the pounds in them.  Not sure of New Day's frame but would guess around the low sixes.

TJ

HAFarm said:
Probably a 5.5 frame would, we like them a little larger.  Her dam is similar size but really puts the pounds in them.  Not sure of New Day's frame but would guess around the low sixes.

Nothing at all wrong with a 5.5 frame that "really puts the pounds in them"!  Don't know a thing about New Day, but Boyd's have real good cattle.  If you ever take a hip height measurement & weight, I'd be interested in knowing.