New Design 878 and In Dew Time

Help Support Steer Planet:

Angusboy

i have two cows that i just bred, one of them to New Design 878 and the other to In Dew Time, has anyone bred with these bulls? And if you have how did they turn out?

woltemathangus

878 has been around a long time. we always were able to sell the calves out of him. they made respectable show and replacement heifers. Made awesome mothers.

Simmgal

I have an In Dew Time daughter that is very structurally sound and very deep and stylish. She is a tad bit short necked though, and her attitude could be better. He can throw a shorter neck on a calf. Otherwise, he is a really good bull and many people have used him with success.

LN

I have some In Dew Times and love them! I have some first calf heifers that are doing a super job with their first calves. Simmgal touched on that he shortens necks which has been my experience as well and he doesn't add muscling. However, he does do a lot of things right. All my my calves sired by him have excellent dispositions.

ALTSIMMY 79

Ill have to agree with everything Simmgal said about In Dew Time and like to add that i have a pair of first calf heifers out of him and i guarantee when i bring the cows in off grass this fall those two will be huge with no extra feed whatsoever !!! Deep , Deep , Deep bodied describes them best in my opinion. Their first calves are still at their sides and not draining them down one bit !

Bulldaddy

I have used 878 and In Dew Time.  I like 878 better than In Focus and you can use him on heifers.  The 1/2 bloods by 878 make awesome cows.  My In Dew Times have been purebreds.  Most all are attractive, maybe a little short necked as noted by another poster.  The bulls are thick and modeate and easy to sell.  The females are making good mommas, very fertile with moderate milk.