New Galloway Bull Purchase

Help Support Steer Planet:

RenFarms

Here are some photos of our newest Galloway bull, Brass Ring Yellowstone.

Attachments

• Yellowstone.jpg
    Yellowstone.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 208
  • yellowstone moving.jpg
    yellowstone moving.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 188

KSanburg

There was a post on here last week about Highlander crosses and I am pretty sure he was in one of the ad's. I am kidding you about that of course! 

Wow talk about some hair!! Nice bull.

CAB

Nice bull! I want to know if you have been using Galloway bulls & how do they get along with the Kansas summer heat? Thanks in advance.

RenFarms

Hi CAB.... we have been raising purebred Galloways in east central kansas since 1998, and have a thriving grassfed beef enterprise. This bull will head up a more intentional effort on our part to produce bulls and females that conform more to the size and frame preferences of commercial  producers.  That bull calf in the Galloway ad at left is one of ours... he sold to an outfit in OK who plans to use him on some of their pb angus and hereford heifers i believe.. 

The dun bull above is 11 months old in the photo.... and while I am told he leads quite nicely, he developed a nasty phobia about being touched while at the NILE last november as a young calf.... thus the hair remains largely untouched, lol.  I may try to trim him up a little in the squeeze chute after we get him down here.  One of those things to just play by ear.

Just an FYI in case anyone is interested... we have an outstanding maternal bull for sale, black, non-registerable due to a herdbook rule, who will make someone a crop of  tremendous, real world working replacement heifers!

HAB

Crongrats on your purchase.  Yellowstone comes from a great maternal line of Galloway cattle.  You will have very marketable bulls and heifers out of him, especially if your customers like long bodied cattle with good depth and width.