New number ONE

Help Support Steer Planet:

coachmac

I am neither a Tide or SC fan....... but this is gonna open a big ole door for somebody to jump through!!!  Really, just not a Saban or Spurrier fan!  Like to see some shake up though!!!!   

LinZ

Auburn.  With Cam Newton a+ QB and arguably in the number one spot for the heisman, they have played good solid football thus far this year, including defeatin south carolina I think Auburn is the best in the Sec and therefore easily best in the nation. Ohio St, Tcu, Bsu, Ne and Oregon. Good teams with weak schedules that most could get thru undefeated. I think if an Sec is in the Ntnl Championship game they will win it. JMHO. LINZ

Bradenh

i agree with that too. cam newton is a beast, Blinn College (where he previously went) is right by my house. and i would love to see cam win the hiesman

bcosu

Call me a homer or whatever but Ohio State is the most complete team in the nation. They returned 10 starters on offense and 7 on defense from last years team, are averaging close to 40 points a game and the defense is the 2nd best in the country (before this weekend).

And most people probably don't want to admit it or haven't noticed it yet but the big 10 is the deepest conference in the country.

bcosu

they let me down once, 4 years ago. 3 years ago they backed into the national championship game by accident. I was happy with a rose bowl trip that year but usc, west virginia, florida, etc. seemed not to want to go to the national championship game. there are only a couple players left from those games still on the roster so i don't think you need to worry.

LinZ

Sorry.. I just think Ohio State is overrate..much like Oklahoma was when Oklahoma was chosen to go to the National Championship over Auburn and got stomped by USC.. Sure Ohio State has good numbers ..yadayada..that's great.. but they haven't played anyone tough. Denard Robinson was sure getting alot of talk til today but didn't get any highlight clips after the Michigan St game...Deep or not the top teams in the SEC are the best in the nation.. Alabama could still beat OSU, BSU, Oregon and TCU as could Auburn, LSU and South Carolina...Florida could probably pick a couple of them as well..

LinZ

Bradenh

not happenen with florida. thats the most overatted team in the country. lsu is right there with em

coachmac

I am a Big 12 fan.  Not sure, unless all but one major conf. just falls apart, that TCU will make the cut.  Auburn, ..... got pushed by a Kentucky team that I wouldnt call dominant, in fact a field goal at the end saved them in a game that shouldn t have been that close.  I agree the SEC is the most consistently tough conference, not sure they won't beat each other out of a spot for the national title.  Boise is also at mercy of the bigger conferences. While undfeated, when facing the two schools from larger conf. (Va Tech, Oregon St.) they didnt finish them impressively.  If those two schools were the best in their own conferences, they may have been impressive wins.  But they are not in the elite class of many of the other schools at this point in time.  The Spartans looked tough today against Mich. and dont have to play Ohio State. That Hawkeye -Buckeye game late in the year will be a slobber knocker.        I don't know..... but I do know that USC is out for a the hardware at the end of the season, as are the Gators.  For once OU is a little, very little,  under the radar on the national scene.  Nebraska...... wow, Martinez, if he continues, should be invited to the Heisman party.  They tore up K St.  Texas is out, but could really mess things up in the big 12.   If the Huskers can get through the next three weeks without a loss..... They are in pretty good shape, but any of the next three teams could mess that up.  I don't know how it will turn out..... but the ride will be a fun one!  

hard to get a post in ..... lets try one more time....... LOL

LinZ

Oh I don't think either of them are the top 2 teams in the SEC..Auburn & Alabama will be LSU but they could beat any of the other top 5 teams today(except Alabama) I don't think Florida is overrated.. They haven't been hyped up too much nor LSU..both have been knocked pretty hard.. I do think however Florida got the bad end of the stick with the fake field goal call by the refs tonight though.. I just think that when it comes down to it if the teams played each other LSU would win most all of them and Florida would win a few if they played the teams that started off at 2,3, 4 & 5 today..  But everything aside.. Auburn is going to go undefeated in the SEC and I hope this year they won't get beat out for a spot in the National Championship by a couple of big fish in little pond teams with junior college schedules.

LinZ

ZNT

Personally, we are now one step closer to my dream of having Nebraska vs. Ohio State for the National Championship.  What a perfect way to kick off the NEW Big 10 Conference next year!  <beer>

bcosu

^^ If defense really wins championships then i would expect to see those two in the title game. i sure hope terrell pryor knows not to throw to whoever prince amukamara is covering.

SHORTH

OH---IO
Nebraska vs Ohio state for the national championship would be a great game even though it would be like big ten vs big ten

Earthmover

OSU will be No. 1 and will run the table. Tressell is smart and won't show his hand early inthe season. These other teams are doing every thing they can to win. The Bucks do just enough to win, thats why their the best in the nation (even though they don't always cover the spread). So pontificate all you want but the cornsuckers won't make it to the championship. TCU in the nat champ game is just a pipe dream.

JWW

so you don't think Florida is overrated??? have you seen them even play? they'll fall out of the top 25 by the end of the year

where is AJ on this thread?? i am sure he had something to say about the KSU/ NU game.... GO BIG RED!

anyway, there is alot of games between now and the first of December, the huskers are playing great, i hope they can win out. it Will be tough especially at Stilly and you can check the records--- Nebraska never plays very good in College station. but even Lee Corso said Saturday that Nebraska is sitting good to play for the national title.
will have to be Nebraska beating Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship to get high enough in the BCS rankings to jump Oregon/Boise/TCU? or will it happen at all or earlier? there are only 2 SEC teams that are undefeated right now... they will continue to beat themselves up and probably not have any undefeated SEC teams at the end of the year... so if there is at least 2 undefeated teams from either Pac-10, Big 12, Big 10 , then no SEC teams in the championship game. a one loss SEC team will probably get ahead of undefeated TCU and Boise but not above an undefeated automatic qualifying conference.

JWW

farwest

The rumor is aj has a new love for the huskers and bo pelini. Has taken back all the terrible stuff he's said after his supper of crow thursday night

crown33

ohio state will be #1 with oregon at #2.. ohio state will be #1 until they come to kinnick and play iowa

bcosu

there are two things that scare me the rest of the season for osu. wisconsin next week because it is in madison and wisconsin always plays physical especially there and adrian clayborn in iowa. if jim tressel prepares for iowa at all he will try and roll out pryor away from #94 when they throw to try and limit his effectiveness as a pass rusher and maximize pryors running threat.

LinZ

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  No running the table for OSU..    Denard Robinson didn't fair so well.. Pryor didn't fair so well.. Mallet..out of them game.. Cam Newton? nearly 200 rushing yards, 3 rushing touchdowns!

How bout it for Kentucky, Ms. State, Texas and Wisconsin?

LinZ

Latest posts