new pic added- one for justintime -flushed to Leroy

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

This is an out the window picture of Stella- a Studly-echodale topdraft cumberland who is my main doner-and quite a survivor-she broke her left shoulder and upper leg-raising twins as a first calver-1 of which became a 2 time all american honoree-(and my other doner)-she raised a couple more singles and twins-shattering her right  rear pastern last year -having an operation-losing a huge amount of weight-and weaning a big calf.And came back AGAIN,on grass, At that point-we let her limp around on steel pins and flush her alittle-What do you think about Leroy? We got a few on that mating. think it will work? O0

Attachments

• kansas calves059.JPG
    kansas calves059.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 552
  • DSC_1963.JPG
    DSC_1963.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 557

justintime

Nice looking cow! Have you considered buying lottery tickets for this cow? Seems like she has a bit of luck going for her.  Leroy would be a good choice to flush her to, IMO. One consideration though, that being if she has a bunch of birth weight behind her, he will occasionally throw a big BW calf. Almost all our Leroy calves have very respectable BWs, however, I did have one heifer calf that was much bigger than I wanted. Strange thing was that the cow has had two previous full sisters by leroy that were 90 and 94 lbs at birth.

Leroy certainly does add depth, thickness and muscle, and great temperments. I just received an email yesterday from New Zealand, and a breeder informed me that the Leroy calves there are getting rave reviews. I have had two US breeders here in the past three days and they were greatly impressed with the Leroy calves. Some more from Texas coming next week. Leroy will add many good traits... great feet, disposition, easy fleshing ability, moderate frame, and the males are masculine and the females are feminine and fertile. Leroy's dam rocks, and she is one massive made female, yet she is fertile, easy fleshing and knows how to raise a big calf without falling apart in the process.

mark tenenbaum

justintime said:
Nice looking cow! Have you considered buying lottery tickets for this cow? Seems like she has a bit of luck going for her.  Leroy would be a good choice to flush her to, IMO. One consideration though, that being if she has a bunch of birth weight behind her, he will occasionally throw a big BW calf. Almost all our Leroy calves have very respectable BWs, however, I did have one heifer calf that was much bigger than I wanted. Strange thing was that the cow has had two previous full sisters by leroy that were 90 and 94 lbs at birth.

Leroy certainly does add depth, thickness and muscle, and great temperments. I just received an email yesterday from New Zealand, and a breeder informed me that the Leroy calves there are getting rave reviews. I have had two US breeders here in the past three days and they were greatly impressed with the Leroy calves. Some more from Texas coming next week. Leroy will add many good traits... great feet, disposition, easy fleshing ability, moderate frame, and the males are masculine and the females are feminine and fertile. Leroy's dam rocks, and she is one massive made female, yet she is fertile, easy fleshing and knows how to raise a big calf without falling apart in the process.
We already flushed her to him, she has not thrown any big calves-and I think lottos are in order-alot of people wouldnt have spent 2000  saving her-but Im not from the disposable generation-for lack of a better description.We keep some cows till they are 14-20 years old.

new comer

I'd be curious to see how Leroy works when line bred to a Diamond Captain Marc 27C daughter since that is his mother's (Sparkle's) sire.