New Steer opinions??

Help Support Steer Planet:

hobson

He is 5 months old and 540 pounds, what do ya'll think? Also, what should I be doing now with him to get him ready to show in March? Thanks a ton, please post opinions below!

marku

lil straight in back leg, short necked, nice color though.  just getting ahead of everybody else that "internet shows" .  remember that you will only get opinions on here.  some good, some bad, as long as YOU are happy with what you have. 

remember on a plate they all look great....

KSanburg

I have always thought that asking this question was like waking up a bear in January, you might not like the results.

vc

If they ask, they either think they have a good one and what to hear it, or they are new and would like to know if they made the right choice. I approach it as they want to know if they made the right choice, I try and tell them the strengths, weakness, if the strengths out weigh the weaknesses and what they might want to look for in their next selection. Telling them their good, bad or OK doesn't really help if you don't break it down. JMO

I try and be direct and non-punishing, a concept some on here have a little difficulty with some of the time.

KSanburg

vc said:
I try and be direct and non-punishing, a concept some on here have a little difficulty with some of the time.

My point exactly! Most of the time the cattle are good, but a lot of times the critic is not, and it can discourage a newbie.