New Website

Help Support Steer Planet:

OKshorthorn

I like your website, you've done a good job! My only question would be what is your main purpose of having the website? I really like the background you give and the the potential for a blog and your pictures. You have a Bull For Sale Page but that just refers you back to the Photo Gallery page. If your goal is to drive people to your site to sell bulls, maybe display that more predominently throughout your page, maybe put some prices of the bulls that are for sale, just something that lets us know exactly what is for sale and how we can go about finding prices.

Im not trying to critical of your page, I think you have done a great job with it! Just a couple suggestions!  <beer>

Tyban20

Thank you for the feedback.  I appreciate it.
Basically my main goal behind the website is to sale bulls.  I would also like to eventually sale replacement females and a few show calves.  At this point I am just trying to find a platform to get our cattle out there.  I was nervous about using this particular one since club calves haven't been our focus. Our focus has been growth, maternal traits, and carcass. 
On the subject of the bulls we calve in late April mostly May. So I feel it's to early to individually post videos and pics of the particulary bulls with price tags.  I just wanted to get our name out there and what type of cattle we're raising.  So that if people our interested in our genetics can contact me and get more info and details.  As I posted on the bulls for sale page individual pics,videos, bw,adg, and weaning  weights, will be coming in December at that point the bulls will still only be about 8 months.

kfacres

very interesting, and a nice start..

I have had a freewebs.com website for over 6 years or so now.  Back in the beginning, they had a contest for people to write in and talk about what the webs service has done for them... my short paragraph won it all...

Anyways, I think websites are a must, especially in today's world marketplace.  I know that our operation, would not be anywhere close to what it is today, if not for our website.  Another fairly new thing for our operation is a Facebook page for the farm-- it may honestly be more widespread promotional than the website.  It seems that most people just live on FB.

Anyways, my website has allowed for us to sell breeding stock in 19 states, and Canada now.

Here's a link- www.kfacres.webs.com  Perhaps you'll get some ideas.  I know I've been on the system for a long time, and I still don't know how to do everything that their service provides. 

HarryJohnson

Can anyone give me information on New Website for this forum and send me website address and details of the website?