Newbies- Heifers

Help Support Steer Planet:

vetters2015

Greetings Yall, my husband and I recently got into the cattle business (I know, I know....were not idiots-- I'm a vet and we both grew up showing in 4-H, so we have plenty of experience with cattle). However, we are looking at showing outside of county fairs etc and looking to get a bit more competitive. Our first show heifer prospect is a January 2015 calf out of I-80 and we are just getting ready to pull her from the field to put her up in the show barn. I've already gotten her mostly halter broke and she stands for baths and blow outs already. Really a nice little heifer to work on. At this point I'm just wanting any and all recommendations/tips/tricks for managing and prepping this girl? Everything from diet, supplements, training hair to working on calf set up/show tips- what all do you guys use/do that seems to work well? We are planning on attending StockShow University to get up to date on the grooming and I have some ideas for management etc but Im curious on what I could be missing! BEST TIPS AND TRICKS --GO!