Next best sire.....

Help Support Steer Planet:

BroncoFan

I think that will be hard to say. Several associations like the AMAA are now weeding out those bulls that are carriers. It won't be long until and all registered cattle will have to be free of TH/PHA.  Now I am curious to see how that will affect some of the major shows.  Those THC and/or PHAC calves will still show in the AOB, open class and a lot of county and state fairs. Time will only tell... I am also curious as to how much some of the major club calf producers will still use carrier bulls.

sizzler14

This is hard to determine because of marketing. Certain guys push certain bulls and forget about others. Prime example to me is Matt pushing the crap out of Texas Tornado when he came out and Now One In the Chamber, while to me I think Grizzly Bear is the most underrated club calf sire on the market and should be bred to 10 to there 1 of course thats my opinion. With Matt and Phil putting out 40 bulls every year Im sure they will hit a homer in the next couple years and have a replacement. Right now though, If I was guessing, I think Set Me Free has the best chance in my mind. To me a bull has to be able to throw steers and heifers that win and I think he is going to have the best chance because he wont throw too many puds. The other I wouldnt count out is Surround Sound, but i think he is going to be more of the Hollywood type. He works, just never sells 5,000 units a year because he isnt crap down your throat via marketing.

hntwhitetail

I've been seeing some pretty good Walk This Way's, MAB's, unstoppables, BIM's and Walks Alone still gets the job done along w/ heat wave himself.  I am intrigued by the second 2 none bull.