NLC Upgrade

Help Support Steer Planet:

JimBob

Any news on NLC Upgrade calves yet?  Pictures birth weights ect.  Thanks for any info

SEA

No, but I was wondering the status on purchasing semen?

jackpotcattle

haven't seen any, but heard jon jansen had the first one born and it was a hfr born to date and weighed 86. and hear say has it jon said that calf could very well be the best hfr he has ever had and ordered 20 more units.  we won't get any until end of march...have about 20 coming

stangs13

jackpotcattle said:
haven't seen any, but heard jon jansen had the first one born and it was a hfr born to date and weighed 86. and hear say has it jon said that calf could very well be the best hfr he has ever had and ordered 20 more units.  we won't get any until end of march...have about 20 coming

Can we get semen yet?? I have a critter I want to breed to him really badly...

Bone2011

they only are selling like 2000 units or so this year and they all come in packages of 10. I do not know if they still have any left.

Bulldaddy

Well, I liked the look of Upgrade so much I used his sire, Olie, heavily this past fall for fall 2010 calves.  ABS has Olie for $18/straw.  Just made more sense than chasing expensive semen on an upproven son.

advocate

On a related note whats the next overhyped supposed great one the simmi breed is going to develop a bandwagon for

CAB

What are some thoughts about NLC Superior? Olie X Black Joker, economically priced through ABS? Are the Dams of Upgrade & Superior related?

Bone2011

Well Christainson's calves out of Olie have been really good the last couple of years. I thought about using him last year but i got a little scared with all that front on the bull, but then you look at his calves and they are not that bad, so I'm prolly behind the 8 ball.

Bulldaddy

GC said:
Well Christainson's calves out of Olie have been really good the last couple of years. I thought about using him last year but i got a little scared with all that front on the bull, but then you look at his calves and they are not that bad, so I'm prolly behind the 8 ball.

I think he works best on angular, more feminine featured cows.  ABS should needs to get a better photo of Olie. The photo of the Superior bull is even worse.  Would have used both bulls much earlier but that sloppy front scared me too.

SEA

CAB said:
I thought that I read that Top Sires has some semen on Upgrade.
I read on Home Page of Top Sires that they have some NLC Upgrade semen, but I do not know the price. He is not listed with the other Simmental bull pictures and their prices.

Anyone know or called Mike Weidner?

mark tenenbaum

We flushed this Cumberland  short to him-she broke her front leg and shoulder and raised her firstCALVES(twins) Then 7 years later snapped her rear pastern-and raised a big caf while being starved so we could save her. She came roaring back-and is now in the grandma pen-we are afraid to put the weight of a caf in her-but she keeps kicking out the eggs.

Attachments

• kansas calves059.JPG
    kansas calves059.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 336
  • 07-21-09_1224.jpg
    07-21-09_1224.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 314

SEA

March 04, 2010

Found out today that Mike Weidner of Top Sires has some NLC Upgrade semen available for $250/straw.

Rancher74

We got 2 units of Upgrade for a flush today from Top Sires for $225.  It's even on there price list for $225.

SEA

SEA said:
March 04, 2010

Found out today that Mike Weidner of Top Sires has some NLC Upgrade semen available for $250/straw.
My bad, had a brain freeze...I meant $225.  Sorry for my mistake.

rtmcc

There must be some calf reports on Upgrade by now.  Anybody seen or heard anything?
Thanks!
Ron
<cowboy>