NO PARTNERS BULL

Help Support Steer Planet:

HAB

I saw this bull at Bobby Wellner's in Wyoming this weekend.
Why Lie (Who made who x  Galloway)  x (Galloway X Hereford)

Cool built low BW Baldy bull.

Attachments

• IMG_13851692211988.jpeg
    IMG_13851692211988.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 221

HAB

another angle and pics of his mother

Attachments

• nopartners4.jpg
    nopartners4.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 178
  • red brockle faced cow.jpg
    red brockle faced cow.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 182
  • red cow2.jpg
    red cow2.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 171

RyanChandler

When a calf is that much more superior than his dam, its hard for me to not question whether the calf will have the ability to replicate himself. 

PDJ

-XBAR- said:
When a calf is that much more superior than his dam, its hard for me to not question whether the calf will have the ability to replicate himself.
Ryan, just curious what it is about the cow you don't like.  She looks like a useful, forage oriented type of momma cow, and I would like to think he would sire females that were functional, with a little more style.

RyanChandler

PDJ said:
-XBAR- said:
Ryan, just curious what it is about the cow you don't like.  She looks like a useful, forage oriented type of momma cow, and I would like to think he would sire females that were functional, with a little more style.

It's not that she's a bad looking cow, I just prefer the calf's type much better; his extension primarily.  The calf's exceptionally masculine for his age which is great- the dam Id prefer less compaction/more extension and angularity.  In terms of uniformity, my concern would be how many of his calves are gonna throwback to his dam, how many to his sire? - for the calf to carry the form he does,  his sire must be a very different type.  Overall, the calfs design is great- he should be envied by all!

PDJ

And I look at her a little different.  To me she seems like she is feminine enough, not really sure on her front end, it blends into the other cow.  To me she looks like the type I prefer, rather than the super long necked, which I tend to see as a little harder doing.