Non-Caucasian Country Folks....

Help Support Steer Planet:

RyanChandler

The problem, Gary, is the ones you're referring to have no source of information.  It's all fear propaganda.  They don't know any blacks. They don't know any Mexicans. They know farmer John and brother Jim and that's their entire point of reference.  Isolated groups of people all across the country coincidentally form these same conclusions due to their lack of awareness.  Perhaps their hate really is instinctual and rooted in preservation?

Undoubtedly the more you expose yourself to and the more diversity you encounter, the greater your understanding and acceptance of others will be. Try it for yourself and see.

BTDT

garybob said:
Another point I tried to make is, that there are many more Non-whites that are more like "us", in the United States, then one may realize. Sadly, you probably won't believe it, if your sources of information are drinking coffee at the Café, for half the friggin' day.

GB

I was ashamed when I read the post about the racial slurs. That behavior is 200% uncalled for, and would NOT be tolerated in my presence. I would like to think you calmly and politely corrected whoever said such derogatory remarks.  I do not hear such comments in my area.

I appreciate the fact there are millions of legalized citizens in the US. I have nothing against them except for maybe the fact that they don't speak up and tell the illegals to go through the process and become legal. I do not believe every Muslim wants to blow up an airplane, but was disappointed when I did not see any Muslim groups stand up and speak out against such terrorism.

I have believed for many years, the day will come when the "I deserve" will outnumber the "I earned" and it is all down hill from there.
That day has sadly arrived.

knabe

Voting other people's money for themselves will only last so long.

At that point it will be fun.

garybob

-XBAR- said:
The problem, Gary, is the ones you're referring to have no source of information.  It's all fear propaganda.  They don't know any blacks. They don't know any Mexicans. They know farmer John and brother Jim and that's their entire point of reference.  Isolated groups of people all across the country coincidentally form these same conclusions due to their lack of awareness.  Perhaps their hate really is instinctual and rooted in preservation?

Undoubtedly the more you expose yourself to and the more diversity you encounter, the greater your understanding and acceptance of others will be. Try it for yourself and see.
Try it for myself and see????? XBar, I HAVE exposed myself to other cultures, right here, at 36 degrees & 30 minutes, North Latitude. Are you lumping me in, with all my neighbors? I hope not, and I can assure you, that I've been around the North American Continent.

People know me by first name-basis in Eagle Pass, Quemado, and El Indio, TX.

Saludos,
GB

garybob

BTDT said:
garybob said:
Another point I tried to make is, that there are many more Non-whites that are more like "us", in the United States, then one may realize. Sadly, you probably won't believe it, if your sources of information are drinking coffee at the Café, for half the friggin' day.

GB

I was ashamed when I read the post about the racial slurs. That behavior is 200% uncalled for, and would NOT be tolerated in my presence. I would like to think you calmly and politely corrected whoever said such derogatory remarks.  I do not hear such comments in my area.

I appreciate the fact there are millions of legalized citizens in the US. I have nothing against them except for maybe the fact that they don't speak up and tell the illegals to go through the process and become legal. I do not believe every Muslim wants to blow up an airplane, but was disappointed when I did not see any Muslim groups stand up and speak out against such terrorism.

I have believed for many years, the day will come when the "I deserve" will outnumber the "I earned" and it is all down hill from there.
That day has sadly arrived.
Now, Y'uns know why I feel the way I do. Such comments, are frequently said, in the hills south of Branson.

To be honest, I HAVE stood up and corrected people. Guess what? My good, beefy Shorthorn calves went from receiving a $0.15 discount at my local Sale Barn, to getting about a $0.35 discount.

Hence, my gruff & grumbly attitude towards "Conservative Values". For some reason, the two ideals are easily combined here...Patriotism & Racism. I am not telling whoppers, when I describe what is frequently said, where I live....Sorry, if I've sounded too much like a Butt-head.

Y'uns are some pretty good Cattlemen & Cowbelles on SP, and I am honored to be accepted on here, no matter our disagreements on genetic defects, leg hair & rear feet.

GB

knabe

why don't you hook up with someone and sell pot loads?

to me the local sale barn is where the prices tend to be lower.

garybob

knabe said:
why don't you hook up with someone and sell pot loads?

to me the local sale barn is where the prices tend to be lower.
Geographic isolation, and the fact that I was sharing resources with blood relatives that'd only allow me, for example: to borrow a stock trailer, only if they agreed with my stated purpose or desired destination.

My family, like many in my community, ( including our major local agricultural lenders who hold the notes on all 3 local auction markets) DOES NOT believe in Retained Ownership, Bar-coded ear tags, or anything remotely related to Value-based marketing and/or Age & Source verification. They will fight and argue, red-faced, to the point of asphyxiation, if anyone dares to bring these, or similar items into an otherwise polite discussion. "Those are simply ways for the Major Feedlots, Packers, and the Gov't to tell you how to run our business", would summarize my relatives' feelings on a Modern, Consumer-Driven, Beef Industry.

My community simply hasn't figured out, that an extra $20 to $30 a head, even on just 25 steer calves, often nets that hypothetical "extry caif" ( LOL that's hillbilly slang for 'extra calf') that they're supposedly breeding and feeding their cows to produce.

I guess that 30 minutes a YEAR that'd be required to maintain the data on a 50-head herd of cows would take-up too much time, that could otherwise be spent at the Coffee Shop????? ??? ::) :-\

My argument with Local Powers that Be will always be : 
If a producer in  Let's say, idk, Iowa, or even Montana, with 300 cows, or maybe even sometimes 3000 cows ( not including replacement heifers and herd bull battery) can keep up the information, why can't a Producer with less than 100 head ( including 2 good herd sires, a pencil-azzed-calving-ease bull, and a dozen retained heifers....leaving just 85 brood cows of various ages) take the time to make more money?

Of course, it didn't help things a bit, when I often left the conversation as angrily as my "Christian Friends & Neighbors" did. Hence, that's why I'm living in a Duplex in Springdale, and they're still over there, selling unweaned, improperly-vaccinated calves.

Lesson Learned, I guess.

;) GB

knabe

garybob said:
They will fight and argue, red-faced, to the point of asphyxiation,

sounds like the best solution.  red on their face and on their books.

buy your own trailer, take them to someone you can partner with.

no sense staying poor cause your relatives can't figure it out.

aj

There used to be a joke.........definition of MASS CONFUSION-: fathers day in harlem. The government has created layer after layer of safety nets......they have become hammocks. The family used to be peoples refuge.......safty net......      Now big government has become ma ma and da da. Big government is not good. Even Obama admitted that he doesn't know what is going on. The government gets so big no one can controll it. jmo