Northern Improvement

Help Support Steer Planet:

bjkoller

Have read lots about Northern Improvement and thinking about using him on Charolais influenced heifers.  Would like to know what others think of him? Pros and cons?  Any calf pictures I would love to see.  Steer calves would be county to state level show steers and heifers would be same as well as replacements. 

CMB

From what I've seen, the calves won't be real powerful, but really cleans them up. I've seen a lot of pretty fronted calves out of him. I think he's a better heifer maker than steer. JMO

savaged

Great choice for maternal oriented calves (heifers).  You may get a good show heifer but unlikely to get state show level steers.

zak

therE was a northern improvement display bull that was thick powerful and one of the hairest bulls on display. When I saw the bull I had to ask the owner to make sure he was a northern improvement.

Zak

OH Breeder

Northern Improvement puts some hair and refines them. Nice fronts usually females are extremely feminine. He also will add some grow to those smaller cows. I use him as a consistent proven calving ease bull. You will get a marketable calf from him with lots of style. Should be an interesting cross with the Char.

CAB

Jen I'm pretty sure that the NI bull has been named Total Improvement. He was raised by Gateway Genetics. I think that he may be a PHAC. I'm not 100% positive about that so if anyone knows for sure, please pipe in. I was told that he is real good for a 3/4 Angus bull. PPL seem to think that he could sire some very good females.

Show Heifer

Thanks Brent, it was my understanding he was 7/8 angus.... I guess that 1/8 got him if he is a carrier.... just goes to show ya how that defect can travel through a pedigree!!

Wasn't someone (maybe not from SP) going to video the display bulls like they have in the past? Anyone know where to find those?

Latest posts