Northern Lite calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

inthebarnagain

How do they finish?  We used him for the first time this year and got a bull calf that we have already cut.  He is more stylish then any of our other calves and has loads of hair, I am just hesitant to sell him as a show steer without knowing if he is going to take a ton of pushing or will take off and grow like a weed and finish easy.  I would think being 7/8 angus he shouldn't be hard to finish, but who knows!

OH Breeder

The northern lites I have seen were fancy calves but were never massive or overly muscled. They were good complete steers. If you had a judge that likes them pretty and isn't caught up in mass and ass then the calf will be fine. If I were to sell one, that would be my advice to the individual. They finish just fine but seem to be much pretty steers verses meat wagons.

bcosu

OH Breeder said:
The northern lites I have seen were fancy calves but were never massive or overly muscled. They were good complete steers. If you had a judge that likes them pretty and isn't caught up in mass and ass then the calf will be fine. If I were to sell one, that would be my advice to the individual. They finish just fine but seem to be much pretty steers verses meat wagons.

we had a few heifers so far but no bulls out of him. they feed really easily and are definitely feminine and soggy at the same time. i think that OH Breeder is saying the same thing. i could easily imagine steers with alot of look and not a whole lot of thickness but they should feed alright.