Now posting up some of the girls

Help Support Steer Planet:

HAB

Posting pic of some of our Galloway heifers we are taking to Denver.

Attachments

• 1202.jpg
    1202.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 1472.jpg
    1472.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 2042.jpg
    2042.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 124
  • princessdec292012-cropped.jpg
    princessdec292012-cropped.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 188

Gargan

if the smoke hfr dont win her class or better, please post a pic of the 1 that beats her.  (lol) congrats on a great set.

HAB

Big M Show Cattle said:
Nice looking heifers Harley, can't wait to see them in person this month. Are any of them Angus crosses or are they PB and any of them sired by Pericles?

These are all fullblood 100% Galloway.

The dun is out of a Pericles 2yr old heifer, and a Pericles son.  An oops that worked.

The 1202 heifer is out of an old 1990 model bull I raised, and a Pericles 2 yr old.

The 1472 and 2042 heifers are Pericles daughters.

Mueller Show Cattle

Nice, all are very good and should do well. That Dun is smoking, Pun intended but is that good with that 1st one not far behind. They all groomed out very well, did you have to put anything on their hair to straighten it as they look very good. I definitely like what I see out Pericles and can't wait for my clubby cow has her calf sired by Pericles.

vc

All 4 look great, and along with the bulls you posted, I would have to say that your program is working well. Unifrom, balance and and looks, you should be proud of what you have accomplished and good luck in Denver.

cpubarn

Pardon me for not knowing any galloway bulls but yours, but I'm thinking there of lots of maine bulls I'd like to cross with those girls as cows....

What types of bulls have you crossed this type of female with?....

HAB

Brad, I was told they used lots of elbow grease.  Lots of combing after they were washed and blown dry.

They loved the hair on the 1st heifer 1202.

Thanks all for the positive comments.

cpubarn-Many black (hairy)  Maines form Canada had some Galloway in them.  

In the commercial herd, we have crossed our Galloways cows with the old original yellow and white Simmental- awesome hairy, big boned, black blaze face calves.  Polled hereford- great Black Baldies, Angus - KMK Alliance I-87 / Royce bloodlines- Beautiful broody black females.  Have sold bulls to guys that used them on Char x Angus heifers for hairy big boned smokes.

kobo_ranch

WOW what a nice set of girls you have!!  Wish they were mine!!  Sure you'll do great with them!!

YoungGunCattle

Have you ever crossed them with anything clubby? That can be a pretty cool cross. Though the clubby genetics kinda take away from the good doing ness and productivity of any breed in my opinion.

HAB

YoungGunCattle said:
Have you ever crossed them with anything clubby? That can be a pretty cool cross. Though the clubby genetics kinda take away from the good doing ness and productivity of any breed in my opinion.

Appreciate the comments.

Our main objective is raising quality fullblood Galloway cattle.  We sell  seedstock, semen, and embryos.  Some of these go into clubby herds.

We are just dabbling in the clubby deal, due to the interest in the Galloway breed, renewed by Eye Candy and his success.

We sold a flush on one of our cows to Mojito, and AI'd one 3 yr old to Walks Alone.

Again, thanks for the comments.

We are looking forward to Denver.

dn91

What state are you located in? And are your bulls for sale private treaty?

HAB

Gargan said:
if the smoke hfr dont win her class or better, please post a pic of the 1 that beats her.  (lol) congrats on a great set.

The judge was from Scotland.  He picked them 2-1-4-3 based on the pics I posted.

There were 15 in the class, we owned the top 5.  The dun was 4th in the class.  The one we purchased a month ago was 3rd.